Belgian Football talents

Belgian guy

Belgium are overrated

Couldn't even qualify for Euro 2012.

they did have germany and turkey in their group...

currently top in their group with serbia and croatia, they arent overrated at all, id have them in the 2nd tier of european teams, italy, germany, spain in the top tier, belgium, holland, france in the 2nd then us, croatia, portugal in the 3rd

and i think thats being generous to us...

How many tiers have you got?

18?

And how do you have France in a higher tier than us when we have done better than them at the last two tournaments?

Edited by TRS-T

Belgium are overrated

currently top in their group with serbia and croatia, they arent overrated at all, id have them in the 2nd tier of european teams, italy, germany, spain in the top tier, belgium, holland, france in the 2nd then us, croatia, portugal in the 3rd

18?

And how do you have France in a higher tier than us when we have done better than them at the last two tournaments?

They've chronically under-achieved due to player spats etc. But they still managed to reach the world cup final in the tournament before last. Would you honestly back England to beat them? 

Belgium are overrated

18?

last tournament you got to the same stage

They've chronically under-achieved due to player spats etc. But they still managed to reach the world cup final in the tournament before last. Would you honestly back England to beat them? 

Yeah that was 7 years ago.

So are we talking past or present?

If it's past then Belgium should not be in a higher tier than us.

If it's present then France should not be in a higher tier than us.

True, France are as bad as England at the moment. They're both worse than Belgium though.

True, France are as bad as England at the moment. They're both worse than Belgium though.

Well we beat Belgium only last year.

France play Belgium next month (derby!)

Really exciting talent coming out of Belgium at the moment. Have they got a new coaching structure in place (within last 10yrs)? Sure I've heard something before about one coach criticising England because players played large sided games more often, whereas in Belgium they encouraged more technique through small sided games (This may just have been a fathom of my imagination)

All those players, in their teens and already at a handful of elite clubs outside of their own countries; where they don't play any games. It just doesn't sit well with me. 

I read a fairly interesting article the other day about the flux of Dutch players who left the Eredivise 'too early' to join English academies. Here's a link (http://www.benefoot.net/young-talents-are-better-off-in-the-eredivisie-than-chasing-the-premier-league-dream) if you wanna scan over it. Seems to be happening increasingly. I remember when the Danish fans were speaking in the Helenius thread about their country's top prospects - they were mostly littered around Europe. 

Perhaps its worth looking at Valon Berisha (20) - who had a successful trial with us at 15 but turned us down to remain at Egersund in Norway. He quickly broke into their first team and has since represented Norway 10 times and become a key player at RB Salzburg. 

Edited by Cizzler

They're the 6th favourites to win the World Cup, I'm not sure they're 'playing without pressure'.

They're above Holland, I'm not sure that's happened in a long long time.

I've got £5 on them to reach the semi finals in Brazil @ 14-1.

All those players, in their teens and already at a handful of elite clubs outside of their own countries; where they don't play any games. It just doesn't sit well with me. 

its not our fault the big clubs like city united and chelsea come to get our best talents for peanuts we can't offer them a contract until theyr 18 so they all leave for 100.000€/ea :(

its not our fault the big clubs like city united and chelsea come to get our best talents for peanuts we can't offer them a contract until theyr 18 so they all leave for 100.000€/ea :(

I'm not blaming the players at all, although I think they'd be more sensible to play somewhere as teenagers until they've got a little more experience - the stockpiling of players (especially young players) by teams isn't helpful to the development of those players and their games though, it's entirely focused on protecting those clubs that can afford it against the possibility of those players being successful elsewhere - I'd like to see it controlled.

I read a fairly interesting article the other day about the flux of Dutch players who left the Eredivise 'too early' to join English academies. Here's a link (http://www.benefoot.net/young-talents-are-better-off-in-the-eredivisie-than-chasing-the-premier-league-dream) if you wanna scan over it. Seems to be happening increasingly. I remember when the Danish fans were speaking in the Helenius thread about their country's top prospects - they were mostly littered around Europe. 

Perhaps its worth looking at Valon Berisha (20) - who had a successful trial with us at 15 but turned us down to remain at Egersund in Norway. He quickly broke into their first team and has since represented Norway 10 times and become a key player at RB Salzburg. 

I said it before and I say it again, this guy can actually make it if he keeps on getting better and don`t stagnate. 

Always quite liked Belgium and the more modest teams they had at euro 2000 and world cup 2002.....that mad goalkeeper they had De Wilde who was garbage, Joos Valergan (a rare MON foreign signing at Celtic) Eric Deflandre, Van Buyten, Wesley Sonck and Emile Mpenza (Yes he did play for Plymouth) Gilles De Bilde......... And someone who I thought was underrated in his career- Marc Wilmots. Dunno how old Belgian Guy is and if he can remember any of those names. It's probably fair to say in the 2002 world cup they were the team that gave Brazil it's toughest test, were pretty unlucky not to win that.

Is it too simply to say them simply hosting euro 2000 inspired 11 or 12 year olds like Hazard and Benteke to start playing football? As for the next world cup, depends on the draw but I'm thinking last 8 aswell, could be right in it for euro 2016.

Â