Manchester United

BOF

Greenwood's statement perpetuating the lie that he was "cleared of all charges"...no mate, they were dropped and we all know why. If the alleged victim had decided to go to court and tell the truth of what happened and then you'd been found not guilty by a jury of your peers, then you'd have been cleared. At this point you're guilty of nothing and innocent of nothing, that's the problem.

At this point the argument is moot anyway. There's plenty of countries where it's completely fine and legal to beat and rape your Mrs so I'm sure he'll play again and make a lot of money if that's what he wants to do.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Weren’t Man Utd also considering signing Arnautovic last season which got met with huge protests because he’s a racist PoS. They aren’t good at reading optics are they? 

They're not great at signing players to be fair.

£300k a week for the next three years for Casemiro who reported back to pre-season training aged 48.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Whoever leaked it all to the Athletic deserves a medal. 

Because they were 100% bringing him back and claiming he was innocent. 

It felt a bit like what the Tory’s tend to do when they are thinking about a policy change. Leak it to the media and gauge the response before they decide what to do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I wonder if the line about United helping him find a new club means they’ll be trying to get a transfer fee.

BBC Sport reporting he’s leaving by “mutual consent”, which should mean no fee involved.

I’m quite stunned that Man Utd have pushed the innocent line as they have done. 

“We were provided with alternative explanations for the audio recording, which was a short excerpt from a much longer recording, and for the images posted online.”

Sounds a bit “she walked into a door…” with regards to the photos. As for the audio, maybe the suggestion is it didn’t go beyond threatening her.

Total guess on my part.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Absolutely mental statement for them to release.

I could understand if they were keeping him why they'd say stuff like that.

But if you're getting rid of him anyway then just state the bare minimum. 

"Whilst Greenwood hasn't been found guilty of any charges, all parties feel it's best that his future lies away from old Trafford"

Done

I would guess that it's an attempt to maintain any value he has left.

17 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

“We were provided with alternative explanations for the audio recording, which was a short excerpt from a much longer recording, and for the images posted online.”

I hope United are pressed to share this alternate explanation.

In the audio she says she doesn’t want to have sex more than once, and tells him to get his dick away from her.

He says he doesn’t care what she wants and that he was doing it because he asked nicely and she said no.

It would take something pretty incredible for that not to be what we all think it was.

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

I hope United are pressed to share this alternate explanation.

In the audio she says she doesn’t want to have sex more than once, and tells him to get his dick away from her.

He says he doesn’t care what she wants and that he was doing it because he asked nicely and she said no.

It would take something pretty incredible for that not to be what we all think it was.

I don’t think they will be giving out any details. Certainly not officially.

I reckon it will be in the widely circulated recording, he “only” threatened her in that particular moment and the other recording the club have heard lends credence to that current testimony. It would be sufficient enough for the club to say “Ok, we’ll buy that explanation.” 

To my mind that would also account for the “Mason did not commit the acts he was charged with but he knows he’s made mistakes” line they’ve given.

Again, complete guesswork on my part.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

“The alleged victim's family participated in the process and were given the opportunity to review and correct our factual findings“

that makes it all okay than 🙄

There are at least two very obvious problems in the quote here, and it's very strange (and IMO scandalous) that Arnold included this. 

Â