Manchester United

BOF

Nah don't see it. They actually had a pretty good away record but were awful at Old Trafford (think it was 8 defeats in the end). Van Gaal will sort that and I'd imagine he'll have a better record against the top 6 than Moyes did which won't be hard so that's more points coming their way. An extra 10 points is all it will take for them to be back in the top 4 and I'd expect Van Gaal to achieve that comfortably. Compared to the others they're still short on proven quality in other areas so no title challenge.

Tyler Blackett has started a few games for them in pre season, played tonight. Left footed CB. 

What's amusing about this is talking to a few SHA mates and they all mentioned him as the worst loan they had last season of the 364 loans they had.

Talks of Marcos Rojo being signed too. 

Blackett's emergence in pre-season has come as a bit of a surprise to all fans of the club. Michael Keane and Tom Thorpe were rated much higher. Keane had a good tour and Blackett was even better. Van Gaal favours having a left footed CB and has already said Blackett is capable of playing at the top level but he just doesn't know if he can play every week. Blackett's main problem has always been a lack of focus, he'd switch off to often and be caught out. The new 3 at the back system seems to fit him perfectly too as he has some clear deficiencies in a two-CB pair and at LB.

Tyler Blackett has started a few games for them in pre season, played tonight. Left footed CB. 

What's amusing about this is talking to a few SHA mates and they all mentioned him as the worst loan they had last season of the 364 loans they had.

What did any of them make of Tom Thorpe? Unfortunately his spell there was interrupted with an injury about 10 minutes in. Personally from watching the U21s I always thought he looked a bit better than Michael Keane who has had a few successful loans in the Championship.  

Nah don't see it. They actually had a pretty good away record but were awful at Old Trafford (think it was 8 defeats in the end). Van Gaal will sort that and I'd imagine he'll have a better record against the top 6 than Moyes did which won't be hard so that's more points coming their way. An extra 10 points is all it will take for them to be back in the top 4 and I'd expect Van Gaal to achieve that comfortably. Compared to the others they're still short on proven quality in other areas so no title challenge.

20 points behind Liverpool last season though. I know they have lost Suarez but they are stronger in other areas now. 

What did any of them make of Tom Thorpe? Unfortunately his spell there was interrupted with an injury about 10 minutes in. Personally from watching the U21s I always thought he looked a bit better than Michael Keane who has had a few successful loans in the Championship.  

He got injured 20 minutes into his debut and only played a game or two late on in the season when they were a shambles so not fair to judge.

20 points behind Liverpool last season though. I know they have lost Suarez but they are stronger in other areas now. 

are they? Cant see Lallana, Lambert and markovic combined getting as many goals as Suarez got not to mention the assists. defence isn't any better either

Man Utd look like an exciting team going forward but they haven't sorted out the centre back position - unless, of course, as I have suggested, they convert Luke Shaw to centre half. 

could be a Kevin Keegan at Newcastle kind of season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_United_F.C.#First-team_squad

Rafael (BRA)

Jones (ENG)

Evans (ENG)

Smalling (ENG)

Varela (URG)

Vermijl (BEL)

Keane (ENG)

Shaw (ENG)

Or maybe they have high-hopes for 21-year-old Keane? Never heard of him but it is rather odd they have decided to leave the gate open at the back... unless, of course, Keano is the new gateman.

Evans plays for NI.

Edited by adw95

Man Utd look like an exciting team going forward but they haven't sorted out the centre back position - unless, of course, as I have suggested, they convert Luke Shaw to centre half. 

could be a Kevin Keegan at Newcastle kind of season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_United_F.C.#First-team_squad

Rafael (BRA)

Jones (ENG)

Evans (ENG)

Smalling (ENG)

Varela (URG)

Vermijl (BEL)

Keane (ENG)

Shaw (ENG)

Or maybe they have high-hopes for 21-year-old Keane? Never heard of him but it is rather odd they have decided to leave the gate open at the back... unless, of course, Keano is the new gateman.

Evans plays for NI.

Sorry, I know that. Was a typo.

The fact Evans is their best centre-back is pretty shocking. Apart from Shaw it looks like Newcastle level defence, 10-8th best in the league.

are they? Cant see Lallana, Lambert and markovic combined getting as many goals as Suarez got not to mention the assists. defence isn't any better either

Still think they have a better squad than United though!

Â