Manchester United

BOF

Who says Liverpool will drop out.

Me, just above you :P

They haven't a hope next season. This was their one shot due to a perfect storm of things going perfectly for them, and they blew it with regards to the title. They did, however, manage to get their CL spot, but I genuinely can't see them picking up more points over the course of next season than any of the other 4. City are City, Jose will improve Chelsea, United will be back in there, and Arsenal are only a couple of player short of being real contenders. They only finished 7 points off the top, after all.

Is Van Gaal that good? Yes I think they'll be back champs league as without European competition they'll benefit like Liverpool this yr. But will Van Gaal win them the league? Don't think he will be long term solution

Van Gaal has failed heavily at a lot of major clubs. He had calamitous seasons at Barcelona and Bayern Munich, and has presided over the Dutch going out of the Euros, bottom of the group, without scoring a goal. He still has a lot to prove IMO.

Some of the players they're being linked with are unbelievable, if they can sign 4-5 of them they will have some side. The likes of Kroos, Fabregas, Muller, Hummels, Shaw and Badstuber. Would certainly make them more competitive than this season!

Don't think he will make wholesale changes that people think he needs. except at centre half they have quality in attack and in goal. He likes a 4-3-3 so think he might find a way for Kagawa and Mata in the team though might have to shift Rooney out to the wing. He will also look into his youth squad and I expect the guy Lingard and Wilson will get more game time plus a few of other youngsters

May be just me but to be honest it just doesnt feel right Van Gaal and Manure,  just seems not a good fit

I agree but its really hard to think of anyone who is a good fit for them (only one I can really think of is Klopp). I guess thats the challenge of trying to find someone to pick up where the guy who was in charge for over 20 years left them. 

Sorry for pushing it a bit far with my re-evaluation of Gigg's playing career. I do believe what I say but sometimes I post things that I know I probably shouldn't because it will wind people up.

Sometimes that can be entertaining, sometimes you can go too far and it is plain annoying to read and my most recent statements deserve the dustbin.

However, although I can get carried away with the contrary opinion, I do believe Giggs as a player was vastly over-rated by fans and cannot be called a great player like Zidane or Ronaldo.

I believe his greatest legacy is his 30s, adapting to a new position and keeping his fitness for top level football until he was 40. That is a great achievement.

None of this affects my opinion of Giggs as a coach and manager. He could be a great manager.

We should remember that Van Gaal is working with Giggs and Giggs is essentially heir apparent, so I don't expect there will be a problem with Van Gaal fitting in. Because of the situation he may have been told his role is to be both a manager and mentor and that Giggs will take over in a few years.

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

Who says Liverpool will drop out. If they manage to keep Suarez, and buy a decent defender then I believe Arsenal look far more vulnerable. But yeah Manchester United will be back in the top 4 next year.

Agreed. Liverpool aren't that far from having a very, very good team. A lot of their key players are still not even in their prime so chances are they will improve. 

Van gaal has a mixed record in management. He's won a lot, but he's also had things like leaving barca 3 points clear of the relegation zone. Im not sure why he was so sought after this year

NAME

• Like 1

Van gaal has a mixed record in management. He's won a lot, but he's also had things like leaving barca 3 points clear of the relegation zone. Im not sure why he was so sought after this year

well Bayern Munich we see now was started by him(he gave players like Badtstuber, Mulller, Kroos a starting spot, also moved Schweinsteiger to midfield), his record at Ajax and his development of the youth setup at Barcelona is a lot credited to him, think he was the coach to give debuts to Xavi, Puyol and Iniesta

He will weed out the overrated deadwood and he will not be afraid to mix with the egos.

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

Giggs played in a good team. Would he get on Pele's all time great lists?

Pele's lists are so long that even I'm probably on them somewhere. I've not checked but I wouldn't be surprised if he has tipped all 32 teams to win the world cup this summer.

• Like 2

Pele's list is also out-dated now. He compiled it in 2004, when Giggs was 30. There is no Ronaldo or Bale on it, as you'd expect.

Now, that's just one person's opinion but the fact Pele didn't have Giggs on his list but did have a (younger) contemporary like Michael Ballack suggests that he left him out deliberately.

It would be harsh to judge him only on his pre-30 playing days. I think people forget how frustrating he could be in front of goal.

Â