Manchester United

BOF

Moyes' problems this season are mostly of Fergies making. He's been given an absolute hospital pass of a job with that midfield they need 3/4 world class players to sort the mess out. 

But his biggest mistake is that he had the time to sign a couple of players.

I understand that he didn't want to disrupt the current squad too much, but the time and money was there. The summer window for them was a massive shambles.

I like MOyes, and I think he'll be given time and will come good. But there's no excusing that transfer business (or lack of)

I'd agree with that .....Fellani was a huge mistake a panic buy after no action whatsoever - but Utd's midfield has been a shambles for longer than that, held together solely by the Fergie factor and very little else. 

I think you're both right. The midfield did need rebuilding, but that was something that Fergie managed to do many times during his tenure at the club. There wasn't much point in him building a new team only to retire a year or so later. It should have been within Moyes' capabilities to bring in the required players. 

That said, there haven't been that many substantial changes since last year, so there's really no excuse for turning them from runaway champions into Europa league outsiders.

Yeah I wasn't disagreeing. Just saying he had time and money to do more with it than he has done.

I agree. I'm not buying this 'fergie screwed him over'.

At the end of the day he knew he was getting the job before the season even finished. He knew the players united had and had enough time to sort it. He went and bought fellaini on deadline day, that's one of the biggest panic buys I've ever seen.

I think Moyes problem is he thought being manager of Manchester united meant he could just get any player he wanted. When he realised this wasn't the case it was too late and they paid over the odds.

They pretty much need a new midfield but who didn't know that? Rvp saved them so many times last season. He's been injured and the goals have dried up so they're struggling.

People talking about Everton for top 4.

Is it just me that would find that slightly more annoying than a bigger club like Liverpool or Spurs getting it as it shows how if we'd been better run and managed it could be us?

Spurs bigger than Everton?

You're having a laugh. 9 titles versus 2...

All in the past. We have 7 titles but arent bigger than Spurs anymore.

Spurs' fanbase dwarfs ours and Evertons, they also get more income than both of us and attract bigger name players.

• Like 1

Is it just me that would find that slightly more annoying than a bigger club like Liverpool or Spurs getting it as it shows how if we'd been better run and managed it could be us?

Spurs' fanbase dwarfs ours and Evertons, they also get more income than both of us and attract bigger name players.

I live in London and no way does Tottenham's fan-base dwarf ours. Even the majority of people in Tottenham aren't Spurs fans. Their support is mainly based in the outskirts and places like Essex and Hertfordshire but it isn't any bigger then ours.

Yeah I wasn't disagreeing. Just saying he had time and money to do more with it than he has done.

Do we know he really had the money? The Glazers are very cheap.

I guess not.

BUt given all the stories of bids flying around on deadline day, you'd assume he had some cash.

Plus, he spunked 27million on Fellaini. So even the money he did spend you could say should have been better spent.

I live in London and no way does Tottenham's fan-base dwarf ours. Even the majority of people in Tottenham aren't Spurs fans. Their support is mainly based in the outskirts and places like Essex and Hertfordshire but it isn't any bigger then ours.

Don't they have over 20 thousand people on a season ticket waiting list? Add those to a support which is already sold out every week at 36k and they'll leave us behind.

Don't they have over 20 thousand people on a season ticket waiting list? Add those to a support which is already sold out every week at 36k and they'll leave us behind.

We have a big fanbase but apart from glory hunted clubs we must have the biggest proportion of stay away fans.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Spurs have more people living with ten miles of their home ground than any other club in the UK. They have a huge fan base, WHL has been too small for years.

• Like 1

Â