Manchester United

BOF

I hope they capitulate and all their so called fans dont make the trip from surrey.

Shit club with shit fans. Its the most boring ground in the league. 76000 fans each week and its quiet. I am really enjoying them being shite. They will have to go all out for the league cup if they want europa league thurdays next year :-)

I'm not convinced yet. It was fairly obvious that replacing Fergie was never going to be THAT straightforward and there are a number of ingrained issues that needed to be addressed. He had to hit the ground running, but Im starting to think it was Moyes that had to adapt to Manures style and players, rather than the other way round. For me. its a very difficult gig and it'll take time.....time they have to give him.

Did'nt Fergie struggle for a while when he arrived? I think the older 'Reds' will bear that in mind.

The team fergie inherited was proper bollocks. there is no comparison.

I don't think he will return, I think they will accept whatever happens this season, Moyes will slink off (and he will not get another job) there will be an enquiry and man United will appoint a foreign coach and spend £60-80m.

Moyes was always going to be on a hiding to nothing taking over the reins from ferguson - if they strolled through the season, it would be down to the team being fergusons and if they struggle (as they're currently doing) it's Moyes' fault....

it's been apparent that over the last couple of season, ManUre's squad hasn't been at it's strongest but the 'Fergie Factor' got them into winning positions.

Looking at ManUre's ageing defence, how long can Ferdinand (34), Vidic (31) and Evra (32) keep going? I know they've brought in younger reinforcements but I'm far from convinced by the likes of Jones and Smalling!

The midfield too has been over-reliant of stalwarts Giggs (39), Carrick (32) and had to resort to getting Scholes out of retirement - I'm not knocking the particular players as they are all/were excellent players but I do not see where their replacements are currently within the club.

Only in attack is where I feel Utd are still strong, RVP, Rooney and Hernandez (who always has a knack of scoring vital goals) are very good. Only Wellbeck for me is poor (although he does score for England regularly!!!)

The Utd squad is full of players that, for a club of their stature are not quite good enough for them - players such as Buttner, Young, Cleverley, Valencia, Anderson, Smalling and Jones may walk into other first teams in the Prem but surely not good enough for a title challenging club.

I don't feel sorry for Moyes - he took the job, knowing exactly what was in store for him but he's been dealt a bad hand by Ferguson who's left him with an ageing team with little depth.

• Like 2

I don't feel sorry for Moyes - he took the job, knowing exactly what was in store for him but he's been dealt a bad hand by Ferguson who's left him with an ageing team with little depth.

He could hardly turn it down though.  It's a job which is arguably the pinnacle of a club manager's career. 

Moyes will get time if he doesn't balls things up completely.  You should always judge a manager on his second or third season at a club and over the years United have been proud to the point of smugness that they didn't sack Fergie when his team were really struggling in 1988-89-90 and they wheeled out Fergie to tell the Old Trafford crowd to give Moyes time when his appointment was announced at the end of last season.  They have either made their intentions very clear or have made a rod for their own back depending on which way you look at it.   

I'd say Champions League qualification is a must for Moyes, if he delivers that then he will not be sacked.   United will buy again in January too. 

• Like 1

I'm not convinced yet. It was fairly obvious that replacing Fergie was never going to be THAT straightforward and there are a number of ingrained issues that needed to be addressed. He had to hit the ground running, but Im starting to think it was Moyes that had to adapt to Manures style and players, rather than the other way round. For me. its a very difficult gig and it'll take time.....time they have to give him.

Did'nt Fergie struggle for a while when he arrived? I think the older 'Reds' will bear that in mind.

The irony in that is that in this is the worst start to a season since Fergys first season 89/90 when Villa beat them 3-0 and he was one game away from getting the sack. Robbins scored at Forest, they went on to win the FA Cup. we finished 2nd in the league.

That's not totally true. They had Brian Robson, Hughes. Fergy left at the right time. Van Persie papered over the cracks last season, The reason United won so many games, particularly at home was that teams feared their reputation rather than who they were playing, West brom showed no such fears yesterday and I think other sides will believe they can beat united now.

Although I am greatly enjoying this Moyes Meltdown in the media, I think its a little too early to write them off. Its the same side that won the title by over 10 points last season. On MOTD they gave the odds as 7-1 for them to win it, which is seems very long. The problem yesterday is that Moyes played Buttner who is total shit, and Vidic was injured, who I still think is the best defender in the league. If the united fans really don't like it they  can always support fc united. Or just carry on paying the Glazier's  debt til they sell the club to a bored arab sugar daddy.

Although it's true that United won the league fairly easily last season, the team's around them have improved massively while they've brought no one in bar Fellaini and their aging players are still getting older. They also lost their biggest asset in Ferguson so I don't think it's inconceivable that they could finish outside the top 4.

Reading redcafe is a barrel of fun ATM. They have a lot of player who don't belong to a top 4 club....wellbeck, cleverly,young,Anderson. Then you got some players who are past it like Rio,giggs evra. Last but not least two of their better players Hernandez and kagawa haven't started much

Â