Mel Smith

theboyangel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23390982

Comic actor and writer Mel Smith has died of a heart attack, aged 60, his agent has confirmed.

The British comedian - known for his work on sketch shows Alas Smith and Jones and Not The Nine O'clock News - died at his home on Friday.

He was born in west London in 1962.

RIP!

One of my favourites!

• Like 1

The one series of his sitcom "Colin's Sandwich" was very underrated, IMO. 

Funny man, great shame. Always looked like a heart attack waiting to happen though.  :(

Funny man, great shame. Always looked like a heart attack waiting to happen though.  :(

I'd see him on rare occassions huffing and puffing up and down the street outside the Marquis of Granby. He'd have a big coat over his big frame, sucking on a big cigar and looking thoroughly irritated. On any one of those occassions, the phrase heart attack waiting to happen, was thoroughly apt.

He was on Mastermind a year or two ago and he looked awful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHnBppccI0o

Didn't he have a stroke or something? I remember he had trouble speaking clearly but then I'm sure I saw him on something a year or two later and he was fine again.

RIP.

For some reason they filmed a lot of the Alas Smith and Jones sketches in Addlestone near me .... No idea why , perhaps they lived in St George's hill weybridge or something?

Not the 9 o'clock news was a great show ... Hand built by Robots its still one of my favourites :)

I was trying to think of the sitcom where he was 'Colin', so thanks.

I concur, I thought that it was really funny.

Â