VillaGoMarching

They've got a no win situation. Come on to a club that keeps Kane and there's no money to improve a squad that desperately needs it. 

Sell Kane, combined with Son's age induced declined, and you're in to complete rebuild territory. Turning that around in one summer isn't happening.

They need a project manager. Potter would be ideal. Lopetegui is a great shout if he'd go to them. 

But realistically, spurs have to accept next season is going to be a struggle whoever the manager is. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

They've got a no win situation. Come on to a club that keeps Kane and there's no money to improve a squad that desperately needs it. 

Sell Kane, combined with Son's age induced declined, and you're in to complete rebuild territory. Turning that around in one summer isn't happening.

They need a project manager. Potter would be ideal. Lopetegui is a great shout if he'd go to them. 

But realistically, spurs have to accept next season is going to be a struggle whoever the manager is. 

Spurs fans won't give either of those 5 minutes.

Anyone coming in will be expected to be an instant success because they are deluded.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Anyone coming in will be expected to be an instant success because they are deluded.

I agree...hence my last comment that they have to accept where they are. They don't, and it will drive out any chance of them making a success of their next manager.

Going to be a joy to watch them go back to the lower reaches of the league. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I agree...hence my last comment that they have to accept where they are. They don't, and it will drive out any chance of them making a success of their next manager.

Going to be a joy to watch them go back to the lower reaches of the league

I, for one can't wait.  Hopefully Chelsea go the same way.

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

I think Lopetegui would do a good job for them, so I hope they don't go knocking on his door.

Fortunately their fans will be thinking of all the ex-Chelsea managers that have failed them and just how spectacularly Nuno failed them when they last hired from Wolves.

Potter or Lopetegui would be ideal for them but they'll end up running either of them out of town

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I was listening to talkshite earlier and there was one on there practically in tears saying he'd never go back until Levy leaves. They've got bloody short memories

I’m not sure how I’d feel if I was a Spurs fan. 

On one hand they have one of the best stadiums in the world, on the other they have team that is mid table at best without their world class striker that came through the academy. 

You could praise the board for going out and getting 2 world class managers in Jose and Conte, but when even those 2 can’t really get a tune out of them maybe it’s fair to think the board are the problem. Especially when for second  managerial search in recent years, managers from all over Europe have been falling over each other to rule themselves out. 

Jose’s little dig, on the back of the Conte rant and uncertainty around Kane means I expect that trend to continue. 

Flipping fabulous. 

9 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Loving this. Spurs top three choices in nagelsmen, poch and slot have all turned them down, finally reality of the fact spurs are a mediocre mid table at best club is sinking back in 

Now is our chance to overtake Spurs. We’ve certainly got the basis of a better squad.

5 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Spurs fans are so deluded it's unreal.

Think they should go and get De Zerbi e.t.c.

As if would be just as easy as that the arrogance...

To be fair, it probably is just as easy as that. See: Potter, and in their own recent history, Pochettino.

Â