Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The new St David's shopping centre in Cardiff.

My mrs is particularly scared of heights (outside the realms of normality), so imagine her surprise when, upon entering said shopping centre, you are forced to drive around a spiral thing to about the 6th floor. At which point, she didn't seem nearly as accepting about my insistance on her driving because I was probably still over the limit from the night before. I'm still sat in the doghouse its fair to say.

Guy in Dundalk slashes a guy with a Machete leaving him with 45 stitches and then pushes a car on top of him. He had been drinking and taking cocaine and was hijacking the man's car, under which the man could be heard screaming. The man dies later from natural causes. The perpetrator also forces a woman and young child out of their car and attacks them with the same machete.

He was sentenced today and will walk free in less than eight years.

"FTW" or "FTL".

Unless you're 15, or have mild learning difficulties, then I can't see why on earth you'd use these.

They don't make a point very well and they're not funny either.

Strange coincidence - just a few moments ago I replied to an office email circular (inviting people to a pub leaving do - with food), with the words "Deep fried meat platter FTW".

I got deluged with replies from people who didn't know what FTW meant.

"FTW" or "FTL".

Unless you're 15, or have mild learning difficulties, then I can't see why on earth you'd use these.

They don't make a point very well and they're not funny either.

Strange coincidence - just a few moments ago I replied to an office email circular (inviting people to a pub leaving do - with food), with the words "Deep fried meat platter FTW".

I got deluged with replies from people who didn't know what FTW meant.

:lol:

I expected better from you. :mrgreen:

I thought it meant, For the Win?
It does.

I just dont get it. It's like looking at one of those strange eye puzzle things, I cant see what its meant to be.

Deep fried meat platter FTW = "I approve of the deep fried meat platter. The deep fried meat platter is a good thing".

Guy in Dundalk slashes a guy with a Machete leaving him with 45 stitches and then pushes a car on top of him. He had been drinking and taking cocaine and was hijacking the man's car, under which the man could be heard screaming. The man dies later from natural causes. The perpetrator also forces a woman and young child out of their car and attacks them with the same machete.

He was sentenced today and will walk free in less than eight years.

It's worse. He effectively killed 2 people (Myers & O'Donnell (sadly not Daniel)).

"I approve of the deep fried meat platter. The deep fried meat platter is a good thing".

You could have just said that instead, tbf.

Indeed. But the whole point was me trying to be ironic, sending myself up as if I was "down wiv da yoof".

Of course that would only work if people understood the usage, and they didn't.

Â