Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

Don’t think I’ve ever had that in thousands of meetings 

How many of those actually achieved anything?

If they are anything like my place then very few!

Just now, bickster said:

I have meetings with technotards

At the University, we used Meeting Maker, a perfectly serviceable scheduling application. Everybody used it (obviously, it was - of necessity - compulsory). Except one senior manager, who was unfortunately my boss for a while. This guy refused to use it, and had his secretary record all his meetings by hand in a big desk ledger. 

He was the professor of the computing department. 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Xela said:

How many of those actually achieved anything?

If they are anything like my place then very few!

I’d say about 50%, I can now sense the shit ones quite well so I’ll decline with an email with me input and then tell them to get in touch with me after if anything else is needed.

On 10/01/2019 at 19:47, mottaloo said:

I don't know so much about the above but what is really yanking my chain is the fact that i can no longer listen to Absolute (in particular the sumptuously gorgeous milf sarah champion 😍) on my non-DAB car radio. It's been replaced by something called greatest hits fm and seems to be populated by "used to be famous" DJ types such as Mark Goodier and the like.  I am fuming !!!!

Ah well, back to stalking/following Ms Champion on Instagram 😜

Snap (apart from the stalking) 

Which reminds me. I am looking to change my car and had settled on a Seat Ibiza SE "Technology" 

I was pretty much all set to go when I realised the the "Technology" model doesn't even have a bloody DAB radio which because of the above and the fact FM will be phased out was one of my priorities.

Seriously, how can they call a model a "Technology"model when it hasn't even got an up to date radio? 

To compound matters Seat have stopped offering virtually all options.  You used to be able to upgrade the radio but now you can't apparently. 

So now I am really pissed off with them and will get a VW Polo instead. 

They have lost the sale of a car because of a bloody radio. Numpties. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Snap (apart from the stalking) 

Which reminds me. I am looking to change my car and had settled on a Seat Ibiza SE "Technology" 

I was pretty much all set to go when I realised the the "Technology" model doesn't even have a bloody DAB radio which because of the above and the fact FM will be phased out was one of my priorities.

Seriously, how can they call a model a "Technology"model when it hasn't even got an up to date radio? 

To compound matters Seat have stopped offering virtually all options.  You used to be able to upgrade the radio but now you can't apparently. 

So now I am really pissed off with them and will get a VW Polo instead. 

They have lost the sale of a car because of a bloody radio. Numpties. 

No DAB, not the car for me.

• Like 1

I would have thought it would be standard nowadays for cars. Crazy that it isn't! 

My old Audi had a Pioneer one retrofitted, which was a nice bonus

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I would have thought it would be standard nowadays for cars. Crazy that it isn't! 

My old Audi had a Pioneer one retrofitted, which was a nice bonus

I totally agree. In the scheme of how much a car costs the difference between a normal radio and DAB must be virtually nil. 

They are due to be phased out eventually. 

I only spotted it last minute as like you I just assumed any new car would have one as standard. 

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

If I ever buy another car, my requirements may be impossible to achieve, as I want DAB radio AND a CD player. 

We are going to see The Kaizer chiefs next week, my kids first concert.

I realised I hadn't got their last album so I got it for Christmas. 

We had a bit of a road trip today so I put the CD in my wife's 18 month old car. 

I realised then that it was the first time we had used the CD player.  It had an MP3 player with an SD card slot and I just created a card with most of the MP3's I have, took almost our full collection so just have had no need to use the CD player. 

In years gone bye it would have been worn out after 18 months. 

My current car was the FIRST car I had with a CD player.  I was so so excited to get one in the car and the bloody thing broke just after the warranty expired.  Which also pissed me off.  Never bothered to replace it or get it fixed though. 

Edited by sidcow

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

If I ever buy another car, my requirements may be impossible to achieve, as I want DAB radio AND a CD player. 

Pretty much standard on a Ford. I have both in my very basic Focus, so basic, it even has manual wind down windows in the back

On 12/01/2019 at 18:33, Stevo985 said:

Don’t you have the opportunity to decline the meeting invite?

Indeed...If someone asked me if I could attend a meeting every time, and only then sent the invite, it'd annoy the shit out of me. The whole point is that it's a meeting invite.

• Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

Indeed...If someone asked me if I could attend a meeting every time, and only then sent the invite, it'd annoy the shit out of me. The whole point is that it's a meeting invite.

Exactly. In fact that's the way it's been done wherever I've worked.

You find a free slot in someone's diary, send them a meeting request, and they can decline it they can't make it/don't want to attend.

Don't see the issue.

On 12/01/2019 at 18:33, Stevo985 said:

Don’t you have the opportunity to decline the meeting invite?

I love doing that.  Particularly when some cheeky sod puts a meeting somewhere between the hours of 1 and 2pm.  Lunch time.  **** off.  Have your meeting.  I'm not available.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

I love doing that.  Particularly when some cheeky sod puts a meeting somewhere between the hours of 1 and 2pm.  Lunch time.  **** off.  Have your meeting.  I'm not available.

I find the meetings at a remote office where everyone has a bit of a travel and the meeting is planning for say 2-5pm the most painful. Especially when it says no webex/skype, in person only.

2 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

I find the meetings at a remote office where everyone has a bit of a travel and the meeting is planning for say 2-5pm the most painful. Especially when it says no webex/skype, in person only.

The thing about meetings is you're usually asking, not telling, and there's a quorum.  So 'no' is often a perfectly reasonable response especially if I have actual work to do.

Meetings : The practical alternative to work.

Â