Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Directors and their stupid vague requests. This is the conversation by email I'm currently having (yes I've tried to call him to nip it in the bud but no answer, he's probably travelling)

"Can you send me the savings report?"

"Sure, happy to. We have various Savings reports though, is it this one you're after? *attaches report*"

"I need the detailed file"

"Right, again we have lost of detailed files, is there a specific one you're thinking of?"

"The detailed file showing all the projects"

"Ok, well I've attached our full savings tracker which has all that detail in. But it's a huge file so I've attached a summary as well which might be more helpful?"

"I can't save the file. It's too big. Please set out the saving detail into another file and send me that"

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT DO YOU?!

word removed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Directors and their stupid vague requests. This is the conversation by email I'm currently having (yes I've tried to call him to nip it in the bud but no answer, he's probably travelling)

"Sure, happy to. We have various Savings reports though, is it this one you're after? *attaches report*"

"Right, again we have lost of detailed files, is there a specific one you're thinking of?"

"Ok, well I've attached our full savings tracker which has all that detail in. But it's a huge file so I've attached a summary as well which might be more helpful?"

"I can't save the file. It's too big. Please set out the saving detail into another file and send me that"

word removed

I have a 6th sense for 'idiots by email' and I ring them straight away 'just to clarify'.  In the above, I think I'd have rang them after the first line.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

I have a 6th sense for 'idiots by email' and I ring them straight away 'just to clarify'.  In the above, I think I'd have rang them after the first line.

Sames

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

(yes I've tried to call him to nip it in the bud but no answer, he's probably travelling)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

word removed

There are good directore and then there are bad ones.

A painter came into our office (me and 6 women) and was talking about bucks fizz and lumpy or smooth peanut butter preferences.. ok.. 

Then he starts talking about how women have one part of their body which is useless, and is only used for pleasure and that it serves no purpose, so when men were hunting, women could enjoy each others company.. 

so when I told him that in a fetal period we are genderless, and at a moment our bodies decide a sex, in which the area which would become a penis, becomes a clitoris - job done. 

"Then why do men have nipples?!!!?!?!" 

"because we may or may not be women in early fetal development"

"That doesn't explain why men have nipples"

"no, mate it does" 

**** offffffff 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

A painter came into our office (me and 6 women) and was talking about bucks fizz and lumpy or smooth peanut butter preferences.. ok.. 

Then he starts talking about how women have one part of their body which is useless, and is only used for pleasure and that it serves no purpose, so when men were hunting, women could enjoy each others company.. 

so when I told him that in a fetal period we are genderless, and at a moment our bodies decide a sex, in which the area which would become a penis, becomes a clitoris - job done. 

"Then why do men have nipples?!!!?!?!" 

"because we may or may not be women in early fetal development"

"That doesn't explain why men have nipples"

"no, mate it does" 

**** offffffff

Tell him it's so gender re-assignment is easier in adult life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Everything? I have about 500 albums on an SD card in my phone. Almost invariably played on shuffle (bluetooth, the sound quality is fine as far as I'm concerned). Basically, "Radio Mooney". But that's just a fraction of my CD collection. What happens when I want to hear that old CD that isn't in there (typically long form stuff - classical, jazz, etc. - ideal for long solo road trips)? I need a CD player. 

get a bigger SD card?   

Rip your old CD's into mp3 and add them to the SD card?

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

get a bigger SD card?   

Rip your old CD's into mp3 and add them to the SD card?

Sure, I could do that. Space isn't the issue. But it's a right load of effort for albums that I only want to play occasionally. 

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Sure, I could do that. Space isn't the issue. But it's a right load of effort for albums that I only want to play occasionally. 

If you only play them occasionally, stream them.

1 hour ago, limpid said:

If you only play them occasionally, stream them.

If they're available on free streaming (probably not), or paid streaming (maybe, but I ain't paying). SO much easier to just take the disc. And I like the booklets, etc. 

Streaming music and Kindle books have their place as a secondary medium, but they will never replace CDs and physical books in my world.  The ephemeral is just less satisfying. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

If they're available on free streaming (probably not), or paid streaming (maybe, but I ain't paying). SO much easier to just take the disc. And I like the booklets, etc. 

Streaming music and Kindle books have their place as a secondary medium, but they will never replace CDs and physical books in my world.  The ephemeral is just less satisfying. 

Spotify is free though. That said if you wanted to listen to Spotify on a phone you would only be able to do so on shuffle (unless you upgraded to the paid version)

Agree that physical books are far superior to their digital equivalents. Indeed there's quite a bit of research that supports this view, scientifically speaking.

12 minutes ago, legov said:

Agree that physical books are far superior to their digital equivalents. Indeed there's quite a bit of research that supports this view, scientifically speaking.

I can understand that conclusion from the POV of smashing a book down on a killer spiders head rather than twatting it with your kindle but how else do they mean physical books are superior ? 

From my view I’ve moved over to digital books , one is I can read it in bed with out Mrs H mumbling at me to turn the bedroom light out so she can sleep and secondly is I can turn the backlight up a bit and read the poxy print without having to succumb to reading glasses which printed books are forcing me towards ( I refuse to have reading glasses before I’m 50 , I just refuse :) ) 

Edited by tonyh29

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I can understand that conclusion from the POV of smashing a book down on a killer spiders head rather than twatting it with your kindle but how else do they mean physical books are superior ?  

I just remember having come across research before which suggests that having something more tactile to hold on to aids reading comprehension.

Don't recall what the exact article was - actually I think it might have been a university professor who told me that. Don't need to take it as gospel or anything just take it what you will.

8 hours ago, legov said:

Spotify is free though. That said if you wanted to listen to Spotify on a phone you would only be able to do so on shuffle (unless you upgraded to the paid version)

I'm pretty sure the free Spotify has less content than the paid version. OTOH, it obviously has loads of stuff that isn't in my collection, so could be ised to discover new stuff - but that's not the way I like to get recommendations. And... stupid question here... how do you stream in the car, without wi-fi? I don't have unlimited roaming data. 

None of which is really the point. I just like to own the physical media. The thought of a house without CDs and books (LOTS of them) depresses me more than you can imagine. Minimalism and declutter are swear words in my house (I guess if I lived in a small flat I might ferl differently, but fortunately I don't). 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm pretty sure the free Spotify has less content than the paid version. OTOH, it obviously has loads of stuff that isn't in my collection, so could be ised to discover new stuff - but that's not the way I like to get recommendations. And... stupid question here... how do you stream in the car, without wi-fi? I don't have unlimited roaming data. 

None of which is really the point. I just like to own the physical media. The thought of a house without CDs and books (LOTS of them) depresses me more than you can imagine. Minimalism and declutter are swear words in my house (I guess if I lived in a small flat I might ferl differently, but fortunately I don't). 

I get the desire for physical media. It just grips people with different things I guess.

I'm like you with books. Maybe if I read loads then I'd be different. But I love having an actual book rather than a kindle. I like having a bookshelf full of them, even though I'll read them once and probably never touch them again. Can't explain why.

I just don't have the same with music. I used to have it with films/tv shows on DVD, but that's gone as well now.

• Like 2

Â