Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Ordering a couple of V6 WIFI connected boxes from Virgin Media for the kids for Christmas and then being told by the engineer that they actually DO need a physical cable to them and the only feasible way to get the cable to the rooms is via the loft which they won't go into hence me spending all day on high extension ladders drilling holes through external walls, routing cables left for me through wardrobes and into the loft and having to rebook him for next week entailing booking a half day of work I can ill afford..... So I can get some WiFi based tech installed. 

That kind of shit pisses me off especially when flicking on the tablet to catch up on how Villa are doing which really really made my day better. 

My first rant in off topic for a while and it has not been remotely cathartic. 

13 hours ago, mottaloo said:

England's barmy army cricket supporters in Oz right now. 

At the risk of upsetting a few fellow VTers, i just have to say that they get on my norks for the following reasons, in no particular order :

1. Their repetitive song. "We are mental, oh we are mad !" How so ? Whacky, zany ? What do you do that is sooo mental, exactly ? Spend shiteloads of cash to watch crap cricket ?

2. Wearing football shirts to a cricket match. Yeah, i get it's tribal but would you wear your warwick shirt to an England footy game ?!

3. (and this really annoys me) - the arrogant, "colonial superiority"they show in particular changing the national anthem words to "long to reign over YOU, God save YOUR queen !". Is it any wonder other countries like beating them in various sports ?

Ok, it might just be "bantz" but it's boring, to me anyway.

Yeah OK, but they are still better than smug Rugger fans who piss me off no end with their holier than though attitude and saying how noble rugby is whilst pulling hair, biting ears, gouging eyes and acting like total thugs on tour which is portrayed as high jinks in the same way that public school boys vandalising and assaulting people is compared to the despicable thuggery that exactly the same behaviour from a state school boy would be considered.

Edited by sidcow

Darts fans do my head in,  I find them unbearable at times. It never used to be like that. The new modern football crowd do my head in too. I tell you something else which I've noticed, you get a right load of clearings in the woods at horse racing too. 

39 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Darts fans do my head in,  I find them unbearable at times. It never used to be like that. The new modern football crowd do my head in too. I tell you something else which I've noticed, you get a right load of clearings in the woods at horse racing too. 

Oh man. Born and bred in the City then suddenly turn up in tweed jacket and sundry. Piss off. 

Call me a Scrooge, but I like tradition over the Christmas period, but what is tradition to me is not to someone else. Im a huge fan of tubs of quality street, celebrations etc, but for me they should not be opened until a couple of days before xmas and only the one tub at that. Once xmas eve arrives then do as you please. The same with the crackers on the tree, I don't mind the kids pulling one each say xmas eve or maybe a couple of days before xmas, but that's it. My wife yesterday decided to let them open a tub of celebrations, and let them pull a cracker each. This is like 8/9 days before xmas eve is even here, and it really pissed me off. What's wrong with having a bit of patience and waiting? For me growing up I used to see the crackers on the tree and the tubs on the side, and although I wanted them, I knew it weren't quite time yet. The anticipation of xmas eve was great, because once it was xmas eve, my grandparents used to say go on them you can open a tin of chocolates now. I knew when it was time to open them or pull a cracker, xmas was about to start. It just made it more special, imo. So yes I got annoyed with my wife, especially as I'd already told the kids when they could have them which certainly wasn't over a week before xmas. Maybe I am a Scrooge, but part of the magic of xmas is the waiting, surely? 

13 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Call me a Scrooge, but I like tradition over the Christmas period, but what is tradition to me is not to someone else. Im a huge fan of tubs of quality street, celebrations etc, but for me they should not be opened until a couple of days before xmas and only the one tub at that. Once xmas eve arrives then do as you please. The same with the crackers on the tree, I don't mind the kids pulling one each say xmas eve or maybe a couple of days before xmas, but that's it. My wife yesterday decided to let them open a tub of celebrations, and let them pull a cracker each. This is like 8/9 days before xmas eve is even here, and it really pissed me off. What's wrong with having a bit of patience and waiting? For me growing up I used to see the crackers on the tree and the tubs on the side, and although I wanted them, I knew it weren't quite time yet. The anticipation of xmas eve was great, because once it was xmas eve, my grandparents used to say go on them you can open a tin of chocolates now. I knew when it was time to open them or pull a cracker, xmas was about to start. It just made it more special, imo. So yes I got annoyed with my wife, especially as I'd already told the kids when they could have them which certainly wasn't over a week before xmas. Maybe I am a Scrooge, but part of the magic of xmas is the waiting, surely? 

100% agree. Don't dilute the magic. 

• Thanks 1

Opened 2 tubs this weekend. Admittedly  this is out of the ordinary but found in the past we have masses of bad food left when the diet resumes. I would say if it was any other thread than this one, dont sweat it. 

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Sounds like this takes the magic away from Christmas for you as much as Semi Final and play off matches at Wembley spoil the magic of the FA Cup. 

Peppermint flavour Candy Canes.  I mean who likes peppermint ANYTHING? Sainsburys used to do some really nice fruit flavour fizzy ones but stopped doing them. Now all you can get are peppermint ones or a particular cheap brand of fruit ones which taste orrible. 

28 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Sounds like this takes the magic away from Christmas for you as much as Semi Final and play off matches at Wembley spoil the magic of the FA Cup. 

Yes, definitely. Tradition is a beautiful word. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

Â