Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Not at all Stefan.

This was my face as she told me, bearing in mind she does piss all and always seems to be on annual leave....

tumblr_m4xzwvFztU1r334wco1_250.gif

I need to return some videotapes.

I did once get into a little trouble in our office.

I'd trouped up the stairs and one of the girls was a few steps behind me, so I held the door. But I'd forgotten she was female admin and walked at a different speed to an actual working person. So I'm holding the door open a couple of seconds too long for it to be non awkward.

So, to make light of the situation I simply said, I'm no gentleman, I just wanted to check out your arse.

Didn't get the laugh I was expecting.

I may have told this on here before, but I used to work right next to HR.

A few of them were moving office one day and as I was walking past one of the girls lifted up a heavy box, let out a huge groan and declared "ohhhh this is a big one"

To which I, inexplicably, turned and looked right at her and said "thanks very much"

All of them just looked at me. Even the one girl amongst them who I actually knew and I immediately looked at in hope that she'd laugh and break the silence, just sat there.

Awkward.

I did once get into a little trouble in our office.

I'd trouped up the stairs and one of the girls was a few steps behind me, so I held the door. But I'd forgotten she was female admin and walked at a different speed to an actual working person. So I'm holding the door open a couple of seconds too long for it to be non awkward.

So, to make light of the situation I simply said, I'm no gentleman, I just wanted to check out your arse.

Didn't get the laugh I was expecting.

I may have told this on here before, but I used to work right next to HR.

A few of them were moving office one day and as I was walking past one of the girls lifted up a heavy box, let out a huge groan and declared "ohhhh this is a big one"

To which I, inexplicably, turned and looked right at her and said "thanks very much"

All of them just looked at me. Even the one girl amongst them who I actually knew and I immediately looked at in hope that she'd laugh and break the silence, just sat there.

Awkward.

Yes, HR staff do have their sense of humour surgically removed during their first day induction.

People who pronounce GIF with a hard G.

Here we go.

The "G" stands for "graphic(al)", no? That starts with a hard "G".

"Jif" = lemon juice (or cleaning stuff, Cif).

• Like 1

I've never ever heard anyone refer to a "gif" as a "jif"

The lad who invented it wants it to be pronounced "jif". Given it's his invention I think it should be called "jif". 

Assume someone mispronounced your name and you corrected them. Think of it like that. 

I've never ever heard anyone refer to a "gif" as a "jif"

The lad who invented it wants it to be pronounced "jif". Given it's his invention I think it should be called "jif". 

Assume someone mispronounced your name and you corrected them. Think of it like that. 

I'm not saying it's right or wrong. I'm just saying I've never heard anyone call it a jif.

Edit: and having most of my family live in Ireland, I'm more than used to people mispronouncing my name ;)

Edited by Stevo985

America has a preference for a 'high' 'i' (e.g. semi, albino) so I'll guess Nigh-kon is prevalent over there?

Yeah, I saw it on a US camera ad on YouTube.

Â