Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

32 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Sheep gonna sheep

its like the comedy equivalent of people that buy Coldplay records 

One of the worst things is when you say, “I don’t really like Coldplay” (or whatever) and someone says, “oh are they too POPULAR for you, sorry I’m not cool enough to listen to your music [etc]”.

And then you know you have nothing in common with her. As you dance to Coldplay at her parents’ house at Christmas. In your Coldplay pyjamas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My brother in law once tried to embarrass me over Coldplay once. He posted on social media and tagged me about how I used to love Coldplay. Which patently wasn’t true. I saw them at a festival once, had their fierce panda single and bought their debut album. This was seemingly a demonstration of love for them. 

• Haha 1

Just now, bickster said:

The same that people live in houses with magnolia walls

We have magnolia on our skirting boards and internal doors. Decided it needed a bit of a refresh. Went to buy a tin of magnolia for the touchup job. Can't get it anywhere. It was like the Monty Python cheese shop sketch. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

We have magnolia on our skirting boards and internal doors. Decided it needed a bit of a refresh. Went to buy a tin of magnolia for the touchup job. Can't get it anywhere. It was like the Monty Python cheese shop sketch. 

All the people who didn't get Peter Kay tickets bought it all up so they could watch it dry

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Magnolia woodwork? Does it looks like a family of heavy smokers live there?

It should be a crisp, fresh white.

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

Magnolia woodwork? Does it looks like a family of heavy smokers live there?

It should be a crisp, fresh white.

The walls were originally 'French grey', but are now 'cord' (pretty much beige). Both from Farrow and Ball. 

The wife's in charge of decor, I couldn't give a shit. 

From January, we will need to pay £340 per month to have our two sons attend the afterschool club for an hour each school day. So £4k per year!

I've got absolutely no idea now how people are able to afford to send a child or children to nursery right now it must cost about £800-900 per month per child?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 09/11/2022 at 05:18, ender4 said:

Actually O2 customers get advance tickets for loads of events as a perk of being contracted to them.
Many times I’ve wanted to buy tickets for various events and have been hunting around for someone who is on O2 just to get access to priority tickets. Even thought about taking out a cheap O2 contract just for this perk. 

They only allocate a certain number of priority tickets to O2 customers as well, the rest are sold at normal time to the rest of the public.

Thought you’d written 02 so I came to write a post that it pissed me off, and now I can see that you did write O after all, so I’ve wasted my time which has pissed me off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Thought you’d written 02 so I came to write a post that it pissed me off, and now I can see that you did write O after all, so I’ve wasted my time which has pissed me off.

Which fits neatly into something that pisses me off. O is a letter, zero is a number so when did (forever, I know) o the letter become part of number sequences. 

14 hours ago, KentVillan said:

One of the worst things is when you say, “I don’t really like Coldplay” (or whatever) and someone says, “oh are they too POPULAR for you, sorry I’m not cool enough to listen to your music [etc]”.

And then you know you have nothing in common with her. As you dance to Coldplay at her parents’ house at Christmas. In your Coldplay pyjamas.

Sounds like a typical day on VT to me? Other than the dancing in the Coldplay pyjamas. 

14 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Was it a bit runny? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

From January, we will need to pay £340 per month to have our two sons attend the afterschool club for an hour each school day. So £4k per year!

I've got absolutely no idea now how people are able to afford to send a child or children to nursery right now it must cost about £800-900 per month per child?

Childcare, elderly care. Its a licence to print money. 

I know people who own both and are they are all filthy rich. 

You're basically charging enormous fees then paying for a few minimum wage employees to do the "looking after" 

My brother in law has his mother in private dementure care. Despit her being a very very bad case there is zero chance of any support. 

They money he's been charged is almost enough to employ 3 nurses on a one to one basis to provide round the clock personal care. 

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

How come I can get full mobile data service at Old Trafford with 72,000 people but I can't get anything at all at Villa Park with 42,000?

It's tradition, like a speaker system that is either silent or deafening.

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Tesco who I think use 02

Yeah I was on O2 until recently, and was always annoyed at how everyone around me seemed to be able to use their phones at VP.  I had not a shred of signal when anywhere near the ground.

Switched to EE and all good in there.  I'm pretty sure Vodafone works too.

• Thanks 1

Â