Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Although the annoying thing is when I've been sent to that there abroadia to work, I've ended up getting onto the tax system of various nations who then send me self assessment forms every piggin' year. With English speaking ones, it's not so bad to say "I left, I'm back over here", bit when it's all in that funny French that they speak in Yurp, I'm less capable of filling the forms in. They go in the bin now, though I've got a letter someone wrote for me asking them to stop, ready for next time.

1 minute ago, Xela said:

it's back in my account in a day or so. 

Blimey, that's good. About 3 weeks to a month for me, though they're getting better. Some stuff (like professional membership fees ) they now pay direct and the IET invoices the Company, not me, from this year on.

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

Isn't a grand for a 2 week hire bordering on theft?

The piccanto didn't have a sat nav so I ended up with a mini, it's definitely theft

I'm guessing my place do the booking thing to stop people taking the piss booking it themselves but then my place also doesn't shop around for anything, I've had a £750 flight between frankfurt and Edinburgh before 

Just now, villa4europe said:

The piccanto didn't have a sat nav so I ended up with a mini, it's definitely theft

I'm guessing my place do the booking thing to stop people taking the piss booking it themselves but then my place also doesn't shop around for anything, I've had a £750 flight between frankfurt and Edinburgh before 

They are clearly getting charged a corporate rate, whereas if you did it all and claimed it back they'd save a bucketload of cash and your money wouldn't be as impacted as much

57 minutes ago, Xela said:

Thats most news websites now. 

Some z-lister does a TikTok and its a headline in the Sun or Daily Mail. 

Just click in the search bar on google and all the suggestions are celebrity gossip type stuff. It sometimes feels like the world is passing me by as I have no interest in any of it. 

• Like 1

Mine will be paid in a month 

I'll get a living away allowance rather than general expenses, working in Bristol but turned down a hotel and staying with my mom in kiddy, I've got to find someone who will sign off the 43p per km petrol expenses for a hire car and the whole thing could be worthwhile... 

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

Blimey, that's good. About 3 weeks to a month for me, though they're getting better. Some stuff (like professional membership fees ) they now pay direct and the IET invoices the Company, not me, from this year on.

That was pre-covid times, but yes, remarkably efficient for a big bank. I assume it was a highly automated process with little or no human interaction! If I was booking train tickets for the following week to London, or York, where I went a lot, the money was often back in my account before I went. I assume above a certain level there would be audits/spot checks. 

19 hours ago, Xela said:

Its only when i'm driving! It's fine any other time. I can sit at home working and be like a camel and not go all day. Get into a car and I need a piss. 

I guess that means it's a mental issue!  

I have protruding discs at the bottom of my back which is causing me to run to a toilet as soon as I feel it. One and two I’m sad to say. I get up twice a night for a piss at least and drop at least four bombs a day. Car journeys forget about it lol. Could be worse squire. 

7 minutes ago, Hamburglar said:

I have protruding discs at the bottom of my back which is causing me to run to a toilet as soon as I feel it. One and two I’m sad to say. I get up twice a night for a piss at least and drop at least four bombs a day. Car journeys forget about it lol. Could be worse squire. 

Could be but @Xela has full blown arse aids. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Hamburglar said:

Welcome to the DBBC (the dodgy bowel and bladder club)

ytFlYYt.gif

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Aren't you technically still in the honeymoon period? I have this distant memory of you getting married in the last 5 years. Which would make you a newly wed still. 

Married nearly four years, together for eleven. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Could be but @Xela has full blown arse aids. 

I've been better recently - cut a lot of dairy out. Using alternatives like oat or plant based. 

I mean, I wouldn't want to risk it by going to the Glastonbury Festival, but i'm a bit more confident now!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Welcome to the DBBC (the dodgy bowel and bladder club)

ytFlYYt.gif

Not just me then? And while I’m on it the nhs are a waste of space as well. The sooner it’s knocked down and rebuilt the better. It’s just a bad back they told me for years 😤

I wouldn't say this pisses me off per se, but it does make me laugh.

When I was growing up, I was really into skateboarding, heavy music, playing guitar etc (all things that I'm still into). As such, I grew up watching Jackass, CKY, all of that sorta stuff. 

All the chavs at school used to call me a "greebo" and they thought that all the Jackass stuff was "greebo shit". Now I see them on Facebook posting about how much they're buzzing for the new Jackass movie and how they're all legends etc.

Funny how people change.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

I wouldn't say this pisses me off per se, but it does make me laugh.

When I was growing up, I was really into skateboarding, heavy music, playing guitar etc (all things that I'm still into). As such, I grew up watching Jackass, CKY, all of that sorta stuff. 

All the chavs at school used to call me a "greebo" and they thought that all the Jackass stuff was "greebo shit". Now I see them on Facebook posting about how much they're buzzing for the new Jackass movie and how they're all legends etc.

Funny how people change.

Yes! There are a few people who went round giving ‘greebos’ grief at my school and now they’re on Facebook with band T-shirt’s and dark make up, gothing it up.

To be fair though, I used to think anybody wearing sports brands was a chav, but now I’m quite partial to Nike and Adidas trainers and sweatshirts. 

15 year old me would be ashamed. 

• Like 1

Pop musicians who pretend they write and perform their own songs, when it's basically a team of songwriters and session musicians building the song, and the "artist" just brings a few finishing touches.

I don't mind the model if it creates amazing songs, but it's a bit of a wind up when they completely deny that this is what happened 

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Pop musicians who pretend they write and perform their own songs, when it's basically a team of songwriters and session musicians building the song, and the "artist" just brings a few finishing touches.

I don't mind the model if it creates amazing songs, but it's a bit of a wind up when they completely deny that this is what happened 

Almost all of them. Then they win big awards and take all the adulation. I hate it. Feel the same about actors, great, nice performance but why is that person the rich celebrity? Put some respect on the set designer or location scout or script editor or boom operator or the focus pulls name. People simping over performers makes me feel a bit ill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â