Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I often write posts in this thread and never send them. It's sufficient to just write them

As well as the 50,000 or so posts that I have posted on VT, I have composed and decided against posting at least the same number again; if not more.

Misanthrope !

That's another thing. It's misanthropy and philanthropy. So why aren't you a misanthropist? I prefer that word to t'other one.

Misanthrope !

That's another thing. It's misanthropy and philanthropy. So why aren't you a misanthropist? I prefer that word to t'other one.

I think it's just usage. I believe that one can be a misanthrope/misanthropist or a philanthrope/philanthropist.

How nervous I get when going to Villa matches... I am essentially unbearable for a good 2 hours. In the grand scheme of things, its not that important, but i've been less agitated for job interviews.

Misanthropist is OK. Misanthrope is French, but in English (mainly literary) usage.

Ensures BOF will never use it again. :lol:

I was going to suggest BOF could praise/blame Molière but I wasn't sure (I imagine that's taken from, and then changed, from Timon?).

Cheers guys. Though now that I've learned it one way and basically convinced myself that the other didn't exist - I will probably default to the odd one.

I have 4 family members over 64 staying in my two bed apartment with me tonight. And then I spend the next 3 days with them visiting another even older family member. It's not going to be a good weekend regardless of the result in the villa match.

...Call centre workers and shop assistants saying "Have a nice/great day", regardless of the length or nature of their interaction with you.

"Well thank you, I was planning to, but now I'm probably going to spend the rest of it mourning the death of friendly banter and sincere customer service."

...Call centre workers and shop assistants saying "Have a nice/great day", regardless of the length or nature of their interaction with you.

"Well thank you, I was planning to, but now I'm probably going to spend the rest of it mourning the death of friendly banter and sincere customer service."

The one that gets me is "No problem", almost always uttered in a grating singsong whine:

"Cup of tea, please"

"No proble-e-e-e-e-m"

"Thanks"

"No proble-e-e-e-e-m"

I know it's not a **** problem, you drongoid.

Colleagues using "Well, I've got a kid" as a reason why I should be sent to exhibit at a conference in Liverpool over a weekend instead of them (despite such things falling under their remit, not mine). **** right off, it was either a) your **** choice so you should **** live with it or B) you were too stupid to wrap your **** tool so you should most definitely **** live with it.

Â