Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, limpid said:

Snake oil merchants. They can help with a small number of lower back complaints. Everything else is bullshit.

Yeah I heard this the other day on a podcast and I was shocked.

I've never needed a chiropractor so have never looked into it seriously, or know anything about what they do.

I just always thought it was a legitimate medical field. 

Every day's a school day.

On 18/04/2018 at 19:19, Robtaylor200 said:

People who say "you know what I mean" after every few words

I like to say "yes I know what you mean" every time they say it.

Every now and again I say "No I don't know what you mean" But they never stop to explain, before they carry on talking

Oh, this is a proper Teesside thing! All my mates from Stockton, Boro, Redcar etc, say it all the bloody time! Not only that, but in their Teesside accents, it sounds even worse!

"D'ya Na'ta mean?"

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

Oh, this is a proper Teesside thing! All my mates from Stockton, Boro, Redcar etc, say it all the bloody time! Not only that, but in their Teesside accents, it sounds even worse!

"D'ya Na'ta mean?"

So basically Scottish then :mrgreen:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, bickster said:

So basically Scottish then :mrgreen:

Once you get past York, it's practically is Scotland, so yeah!

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Just spent two hours scrubbing my decking with ronseal decking cleaner. The tin should say "does **** all" 

What's happened to the swear filter? 

On 19/04/2018 at 20:22, limpid said:

Snake oil merchants. They can help with a small number of lower back complaints. Everything else is bullshit.

Sometimes things go well though.

I have been going to one for a few months every 2 weeks or so recently.  I am and continue to be truly amazed at the results.

She fixed a 17 year old problem with my back seemingly within a few weeks.  (this meant I could not pick up my Granddaughter which I can now).

+ I had a reflex in my back that had failed to stop once I started to crawl (45 years ago),  it is a rare thing apparantley,  she also turned this reflex off which causes back spasms in adults.

My life has improved considerably + shes English and fit and around the corner so to speak+ my health insurance pay for it.

So not all bad.

10 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Sometimes things go well though.

I have been going to one for a few months every 2 weeks or so recently.  I am and continue to be truly amazed at the results.

She fixed a 17 year old problem with my back seemingly within a few weeks.  (this meant I could not pick up my Granddaughter which I can now).

+ I had a reflex in my back that had failed to stop once I started to crawl (45 years ago),  it is a rare thing apparantley,  she also turned this reflex off which causes back spasms in adults.

My life has improved considerably + shes English and fit and around the corner so to speak+ my health insurance pay for it.

So not all bad.

What made you choose an unqualified quack rather than a medically qualified professional?

I've had a busy week at work, and I've been ill.
Had to get up early today for an appointment in town so now that I'm back I just want to do nothing all weekend.

But because the sun is out I'm treated like a weirdo by the whole country

"Oh you can't waste a day like this!"

"Go for a walk instead!"

"How can you stay inside when it's this sunny?"

**** off. I'm knackered, I'm still not 100% well. I just want to veg out and do **** all.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

My Doctor suggested it so I thought why not.

There are doctors who recommend homeopathy. It's because they aren't ethically allowed to prescribe placebos.

I believe the treatment helps you. I don't believe it helps more than paying a stranger to rub you a bit and to spout some medical sounding nonsense at you. If it did, your doctor would refer you to someone with a qualification that didn't come from the internet :)

2 hours ago, coda said:

Chiropractors remind me of Karl Pilkington's leg rubber.

To be fair to where I went, there were towels and everything & it was my blood had vertigo and not me at all,  you live and you learn.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

On 21/04/2018 at 12:25, Stevo985 said:

I've had a busy week at work, and I've been ill.
Had to get up early today for an appointment in town so now that I'm back I just want to do nothing all weekend.

But because the sun is out I'm treated like a weirdo by the whole country

"Oh you can't waste a day like this!"

"Go for a walk instead!"

"How can you stay inside when it's this sunny?"

**** off. I'm knackered, I'm still not 100% well. I just want to veg out and do **** all.

And what happened?

i got dragged out for a walk by the OH, got right into the middle of Sutton park, probably half an hour from home, and the heavens opened. 

Got **** soaked. 

And now just been to the supermarket. Which is full of **** mongs. 

Nice relaxing day

• Haha 3

Â