Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Just now, Jon said:

:o

Failure to see a red traffic light doesn't really qualify as a 'stupid reason' Stef. ;):P

It is extremely stupid! Not stupid in the context of unfair, but stupid nonetheless.

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I remember on my test having to do parallel parking, my least favourite of the manoeuvres. I did alright but at the last moment I felt one of the back wheels touch the  kerb. I didn’t mount the kerb, but I could feel I grazed it. 

After that I continued my test with no pressure as I’d assumed I’d failed. Hearing the examiner saying I passed was a surprise (first time too, get me). He did mention the kerb, saying I had noticed a bit of resistance in the back wheel but otherwise he didn’t seem bothered. I’d assumed it was an automatic fail.

Agree with pedestrian crossings just off roundabouts, really pisses me off.

That is what happened with me during turn in the road, I had bumped the kerb reversing and I was so livid with myself for a simple error, I didn't even need to go that far back in hindsight.

Anyways, I presumed I had failed and the examiner had to tell me to "keep it together" as my concentration had gone after that.  To my surprise, he passed me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

That is what happened with me during turn in the road, I had bumped the kerb reversing and I was so livid with myself for a simple error, I didn't even need to go that far back in hindsight.

Anyways, I presumed I had failed and the examiner had to tell me to "keep it together" as my concentration had gone after that.  To my surprise, he passed me.

I remember doing a reverse parallel park and it was awful, absolutely miles away from the kerb so started to tidy it up in a bit of a flap. Examiner said “that’s fine, carry on” and I passed.

In my driving test I had to reverse around a corner onto a side road. I can honestly say that's the only time in my life I have ever reversed around a corner!

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, KHV said:

In my driving test I had to reverse around a corner onto a side road. I can honestly say that's the only time in my life I have ever reversed around a corner!

I tried to do that when I was younger, and I actually changed nationality.

I turned into a Pole.

Had a disastrous first test involving driving up a bus lane  waiting behind a parked car I thought was in a long queue (narrow residential road )and then missing a whole **** pavement when I followed an order to turn right. I accidentally joined an entirely different **** road. I was not driving after that. 12 majors and 23 minors. Honestly the instructor really should have kicked me out much earlier than he did but I managed to fit the above into 20 min.

Passed 2nd time no problems at all ofc.

8 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I remember on my test having to do parallel parking, my least favourite of the manoeuvres. I did alright but at the last moment I felt one of the back wheels touch the  kerb. I didn’t mount the kerb, but I could feel I grazed it. 

After that I continued my test with no pressure as I’d assumed I’d failed. Hearing the examiner saying I passed was a surprise (first time too, get me). He did mention the kerb, saying I had noticed a bit of resistance in the back wheel but otherwise he didn’t seem bothered. I’d assumed it was an automatic fail.

Agree with pedestrian crossings just off roundabouts, really pisses me off.

I had similar with a reverse around the corner, right at the start of my test.  I was sure I had failed as I was clearly well into the centre of the road, across the line (a fairly wide road too).  I berated myself in front of the examiner but it seems he took pity on me and after I pulled an absolutely inch-perfect parallel park (he actually said "blinding" at the time) decided to let it go.  It is good to know that examiners are human too (who also make mistakes I'm sure!) :) 

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Come on, guys... 

Nutbush City Limits... I can turn a corner...

Oh, suit yourselves. 

You are wasted here mate.

I find knob jokes and cat gifs work well in getting 'likes' 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

You are wasted here mate.

I find knob jokes and cat gifs work well in getting 'likes' 

Or if you make a cat joke out of a knob gif, you deserve every like in the world.

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Middle aged women who seem to live for Facebook and are on it permanently.

"Wine o' clock - don't mind if I do"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Xela said:

"Wine o' clock - don't mind if I do"

That’s more the 30’s crowd trying to convince themselves and the world they are “crazy”.

I’m talking about this 50’s Mother in Laws and other relatives who clearly spend their entire day refreshing the news feed and commenting useless shit on everybody they knows posts.

• Like 1

Â