Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

People love everybody to know that they go to the gym. Even when you're IN the gym, people seem to show off that they're there. Screaming and shouting and throwing weights around.

So true! Guys wearing t-shirts saying stuff like 'BEAST MODE!', 'HARDCORE BADASS', '#RIPPED', 'WAKE UP KICKASS REPEAT', 'YOUR WORKOUT IS MY WARM-UP' (seen all of these in my gym) etc. as well. You're just lifting weights you prick! They're never particular strong or in shape either. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, JB said:

So true! Guys wearing t-shirts saying stuff like 'BEAST MODE!', 'HARDCORE BADASS', '#RIPPED', 'WAKE UP KICKASS REPEAT', 'YOUR WORKOUT IS MY WARM-UP' (seen all of these in my gym) etc. as well. You're just lifting weights you prick! They're never particular strong or in shape either. 

Yeah exactly. Usually the most "in shape" guys are the most low key. They don't need to show off because it's obvious they're a beast!

On topic: the gym

I hate it. I love exercise (i'd play football/squash every day if I could/I cycle everyday) but the gym just bores the **** out of me.

Edited by StefanAVFC

For the first time ever, I'm actually enjoying it. I'm weak as ****, and woefully out of shape, but since I started using the Stronglifts app properly in the last month, I actually look forward to going. What I've learned is that I'm motivated by graphs. :P 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

People love everybody to know that they go to the gym. Even when you're IN the gym, people seem to show off that they're there. Screaming and shouting and throwing weights around.

Like most things, if you're showing off, the likelihood is that literally nobody is impressed.

Same as when I saw a chav doing a wheelie on his shitty moped through Sutton Coldfield the other day. The only person who thinks that was impressive was him. Everyone else thought he was a prick.

This in my opinion really isn't necessary, I know a guy who deadlifts 350kgs and he's as quiet as a mouse (apart from when the weight hit's the floor).

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This in my opinion really isn't necessary, I know a day who deadlifts 350kgs and he's as quiet as a mouse (apart from when the weight hit's the floor).

Free weights I can kind of tolerate because guys can lift to fail, and all it does is make some noise.  But what really annoys me is when guys let go of the cables when they're still fully extended, letting them slam back at **** terminal velocity.  It's not just the showing off element.  You're going to break the **** thing for everyone else and it'll be out of action for a week, you inconsiderate shitnozzle.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This in my opinion really isn't necessary, I know a guy who deadlifts 350kgs and he's as quiet as a mouse (apart from when the weight hit's the floor).

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Free weights I can kind of tolerate because guys can lift to fail, and all it does is make some noise.  But what really annoys me is when guys let go of the cables when they're still fully extended, letting them slam back at **** terminal velocity.  It's not just the showing off element.  You're going to break the **** thing for everyone else and it'll be out of action for a week, you inconsiderate shitnozzle.

I completely agree. Some grunting and groaning will happen when you're lifting heavy. And some dropping of the weights will happen.

BUt some guys in the gym literally shout. And literally throw the weights down. It's weird. Nobody is impressed. And it's never the guys lifting really heavy stuff!

• Like 2

That I look inside the boot of the new car I bought the Mrs and there is sand all in it from an afternoon down the beach with kids. They collected some shells etc. She left the bucket in the boot it tipped over and I opened it tonight to my horror. She doesn't see the big deal but I'm fuming. She has gone to bed and I'm up writing this post. 

50 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Samosas. Someone at work started a trend and now every occasion, birthday or leaving...samosas are the food brought in. I don't like samosas.

Cakes. Cakes and biscuits,

I love samosas. I'm a baker. Ship me the samosas and I'll bake you whatever you want......

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Like most things, if you're showing off, the likelihood is that literally nobody is impressed.

Same as when I saw a chav doing a wheelie on his shitty moped through Sutton Coldfield the other day. The only person who thinks that was impressive was him. Everyone else thought he was a prick.

Yeah, it's like seeing chavs in their BMW blaring music with their windows open through a high street or similar. No one wants to listen to their whigga crap, shut the damn window and contain the stupid to yourselves thanks.

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

And it's never the guys lifting really heavy stuff!

Exactly.  Those guys know their stuff.  The other guys want you to think they do :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

That I look inside the boot of the new car I bought the Mrs and there is sand all in it from an afternoon down the beach with kids. They collected some shells etc. She left the bucket in the boot it tipped over and I opened it tonight to my horror. She doesn't see the big deal but I'm fuming. She has gone to bed and I'm up writing this post. 

Don't you have vacuum cleaners in Australia? (insert Ruge joke here).

I've never understood 'clean car syndrome'. Mine always get trashed within days of purchase, taking stuff to the tip, transporting toddlers eating crisps, and chocolate, accommodating muddy walking boots, etc. I tend to clean the car once a year. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I completely agree. Some grunting and groaning will happen when you're lifting heavy. And some dropping of the weights will happen.

BUt some guys in the gym literally shout. And literally throw the weights down. It's weird. Nobody is impressed. And it's never the guys lifting really heavy stuff!

Many moons ago I used to train with a mate of mine who I still see now. When training legs, usually on the leg press, he used to shout 'warrior' as he pushed the weight up!  Needless to say, he took it far more seriously that I did. :D

I still laugh to myself about it now...I'd never tell him though, he'd kick my lazy fat ass

Tube lines being shut due to heat bending the rails. Going to London on days like today kills me inside because you know that they'll bring out the old "the lines are bent out of shape because it's 20C outside." around Clapham Junction. 

You'd think they'd be able to fix this but it's been a problem for as long as I can remember. How do trains run in Spain during summer? 

Edited by magnkarl

Â