Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I sneeze violently and a fair few times each sneezing fit I have.

you don't need to do it so violently, although it is probably better for you.

Holding in a sneeze is not good for you AFAIK. Why not let out a moderated sneeze?

I dislike loud and voilent sneezers (my dad does this). It's wholly unneccessary, and gives everyone a bit of a jump when it happens. Lack of consideration FTL.

When I'm at work, and I'm, for example, taking someone through something that's on my computer. So they're sitting next to me and we're both looking at the same screen.

Then someone will come along, also to see me, and will have to wait. Most normal people will just occupy themselves with something else while they wait. But a select few will peer over my/our shoulder(s) and make it quite obvious that they're looking at what we'red doing.

**** OFF! What business is that of yours?

Ok I know we all work for the same company and nothing I work on is confidential or anything, but it's a bit **** rude to just stand there peering over our shoulders at what we're doing.

One of my cow-orkers has the loudest and most melodramatic sneeze I have ever heard. It shakes the bloody room.

Incidentally, did you know that it's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open?

Sadly that's wrong. I heard that before too. The myth was that the force of a sneeze would push your eyeballs out if you kept them open. Turns out it's boll*cks. While it is extremely difficult to do; and I imagine very unpleasant; it is possible to sneeze with your eyes open.

Just had a plate of sausage, bacon and poached eggs, surrounded by fat women on "diets" picking at horrible looking salad and pasta bowls.

The looks I was getting piss me off, the "you'll get fat if you eat that" ones, no love, I'll get ripped as ****, you'll stay fat.

Shopping is the same, random fat people in supermarkets looking into my basket and seeing meat, meat, more meat, and a huge block of lard and saying things like "you'll kill yourself eating that stuff" whilst they load their frozen pizzas and ready meals onto the conveyor belt.

That's where you reply with "Well my grandad lived to 108" to which they'll reply "and he ate like that?" To which you then reply "no. He minded his own **** business.".

Sadly that's wrong. I heard that before too. The myth was that the force of a sneeze would push your eyeballs out if you kept them open. Turns out it's boll*cks. While it is extremely difficult to do; and I imagine very unpleasant; it is possible to sneeze with your eyes open.

All right then, I can't do it.

Just had a plate of sausage, bacon and poached eggs, surrounded by fat women on "diets"
How big was the **** plate!! :shock:

*gunshot*

;)

I have a 3xgreat grandmother who, if my family bothered to prove it, would go into the Guinness book of records as the oldest person ever. The current record is some frog at 122, then a yank at 119. My relative lived to either 124 or 125. I really should take it upon myself to get this sorted out. It pisses me off that none of the lazy asses on my mother's side has ever bothered to do this.

I thought you were a keen geneaologist Bri? Can you not find proof of it?

On a similar not my aunt and uncle are trawling deep into the family history. Sadly just the English/mild Irish side rather than the Irish/scots roots of my fathers side. Which allegedly is descended from the Irish royal bloodline of old. (Aren't they all)

I am keen, yeah, and I suppose that's why it bothers me that they haven't done it - and it's probably why it doesn't bother them. You would think that having a record breaker relatively just around the corner would have given someone the impetus to find out more. She was even mentioned on our main Friday night chat show "The Late Late Show" years back when Gay Byrne presented it. I probably will do it, but on the flip side of being a keen genealogist I'm also an incredibly lazy bastard and sleuthing like that just smacks of a lot of effort :)

Â