Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

3 minutes ago, coda said:

I recently spotted a college in Digbeth which offers free haircuts. Intriguing.

Most colleges that do hair an beauty courses will do free haircuts. You might end up looking like this though.

11e9e51b-acbb-4cd1-9806-2a1e3c938e04_625

3 hours ago, BOF said:

You can do the main bit but you can't do the rest.  You can't do the neck properly, or the shape around the ears, beard, locks, hairline etc.  IOW all the bits that make it an actual neat haircut as opposed to someone who clearly just did a zoomer on their own head with a clippers.  And that's the point.  When you've so little hair, missing all of that stuff out makes it look scruffy.

All you need is mirrors and a bit of practice, no? :D

I tell you what though, if that's the rigmarole you have to go through then I bloody hope I don't lose my hair. Three times a year for me max. - normally twice. There's no way I'm paying more than £27 a year at the barber's.

Edited by snowychap

The paramilitarization of trading standards.

Just watched a bit of them on a telly program and they're all in black clothing with stab vests and logos. Give it a couple of years and they'll be in balaclavas denying FOIs due to 'nashnul securiteee'.

Good luck, world.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I've had a bloody good work out with the lads, a quick shower and a full wax.

I'm now sat in the sauna trying to relax and through the steam I can see some old guy with a weird two tone head is staring at me.

Too freaked out to take my towel off tbh. 

Good for you sailor;)

48 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Good for you sailor

------

Take it off.

You will either scare him or encourage him.

It's alright, I'm from a docks town, years of looking down at a naval base full of discharged seamen have hardened me.

CZJ5x9PWIAEp0M2.jpg

Edited by chrisp65
page break!
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, V01 said:

Cut if myself, clippers all over every 1-2 weeks depending on the weather. Anything over 2 weeks and it looks a right state, starts to get a little ragged before the 2 weeks is up to be fair.

Same. No 1 all over and it's perfectly tidy around the ears and neck line.

I think the people who can't get it tidy themselves don't have decent clippers. I use a Wahl magic clip. Same one for years, just needs oiling now and again. Only struggles a bit on the beard if it's really thick.

3 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Same. No 1 all over and it's perfectly tidy around the ears and neck line.

I think the people who can't get it tidy themselves don't have decent clippers. I use a Wahl magic clip. Same one for years, just needs oiling now and again. Only struggles a bit on the beard if it's really thick.

"Tidy" isn't the same as "good".

There's no way I could taper my own neckline, for example. Which is essential, imo.

you don't need to taper for a number 1 though. Unless you're going for a 3 or something, then (IMO) you'd look a bit daft with nothing on top and lots on the back and sides.

Unless you mean square? Where you have a definite line to end the hair, which is difficult to do yourself, yes.

Â