Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

8 hours ago, Villaninireland said:

I need a new knob for my oven as the numbers are worn off. Cheapest one I have found is £15 !!! £15 for a bit of plastic with numbers on . No thanks .

Get a sharpie and write them back on.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Finding nice looking recipes online, only for then to be American. They can stick their 'cups' up their arse. Measure things properly America.

From whom do you think we learned it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_units

Perfectly good system, why did you dickheads go change it? ;)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Cups. Arrrrrrgh!

This.

Had to bake a cake the other week (charity work thing) and the whole thing was in cups.

So went online to translate that into grams and it's different for everything you're using. So you have to convert it all separately.

It's the most primitive measuring unit I've ever seen. It may as well say "a bit of butter mixed with slightly more sugar. Then add quite a lot of milk and throw in as many eggs as you have in your cupboard)

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

You can get measuring jugs marked with cups as well as metric and imperial units.

I was happy to just choose a cup, and use that. And as long as I used the same cup for everything I'd be ok.

But then I got to cups of butter and I was lost.

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I was happy to just choose a cup, and use that. And as long as I used the same cup for everything I'd be ok.

But then I got to cups of butter and I was lost.

Oh tell me about it ....trying to convert a recipe is a nightmare ....

6 hours ago, darrenm said:

The idea is to not sound like a pompous clearing in the woods.

Then I suggest you take your own advice. It was a playful comment directed at the OP, and I used the word "whom" for effect, a fact that at least three people who liked the comment could appreciate. Unless you think they are all "pompous clearings in the woods" as well. It seems you're the guy who has decided to put himself on a little pedestal. Innit?

Edited by maqroll

The idea is to not sound like a pompous clearing in the woods.

Then I suggest you take your own advice. It was a playful comment directed at the OP, and I used the word "whom" for effect, a fact that at least three people who liked the comment could appreciate. Unless you think they are all "pompous clearings in the woods" as well. It seems you're the guy who has decided to put himself on a little pedestal. Innit?

I think you've completely misunderstood me.

Â