Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Bagpipes ... the instrument of choice by lazy NME journalists in Big Country reviews  :rant:

Well, Big word removed ery ARE Scotch, aren't they?

interestingly (or not ) not one member of the band was born there

( Manchester , Canada , Shepherds Bush and Slough )

That it takes until I put the second sock on until I realise the first sock feels like it's on the wrong foot.

I have several pairs of 'double skin' running socks that are actually marked 'R' and 'L'.

Or at least I used to. All the 'R's seem to have mysteriously disappeared, and I have nothing but 'L's. [emoji53]

That it takes until I put the second sock on until I realise the first sock feels like it's on the wrong foot.

I have several pairs of 'double skin' running socks that are actually marked 'R' and 'L'.

Or at least I used to. All the 'R's seem to have mysteriously disappeared, and I have nothing but 'L's. [emoji53]

Your missus is trying to get you to take up dancing lessons subconsciously I reckon MJ

• Like 1

I am fortunate to have someone very special who does a great job of pairing up my socks. Some of my socks are idiot-proof in that they have a design on that shows to the outside of each lower leg/upper ankle, thus indicating which sock belongs on which foot. My beef is with my socks that are too plain to be distinguishable. If I put the first sock on and it's on the wrong foot, I should be able to immediately detect my inaccuracy and swap it straight to the other foot. Instead, I nearly always compound my error by putting the second sock on the other, now incorrect, foot. This requires the removal of both socks and my full concentration to ensure they are correctly swapped to the opposite feet. My error laden sock fitting process also wastes time I could have spent continuing to dress my lower half.

Life can be very harsh.

Novelty dances. As if having one at your wedding was bad enough, New Street had an opening today for some suits and halfway through some clearings in the woods in hard hats started dancing to Bruno Mars. You're opening a **** train station, not a dance studio. Piss off.

• Like 1

People (well, its almost always men) who drink early in the day. 

Went to a pub today at 10am for a full English and a coffee and there was at least 10 blokes in there drinking pints of lager or Guinness. Some on their own, some with their partner. The age range was from 20's to 60's at a guess. Who on earth wants a pint of San Miguel or Carling at 10am?

Went to a pub today at 10am for a full English and a coffee and there was at least 10 blokes in there drinking pints of lager or Guinness. Some on their own, some with their partner. The age range was from 20's to 60's at a guess. Who on earth wants a pint of San Miguel or Carling at 10am?

Wetherspoons?

wetherspoons, home of serious alcoholics for ages. I used to go past one on City Road here on the bus route, and the elderly gents were all there waiting for opening at 7 in the morning for the first pint of the day. Madness.

I know there's the bizarre exception to the rule : holiday airports however.

wetherspoons, home of serious alcoholics for ages. I used to go past one on City Road here on the bus route, and the elderly gents were all there waiting for opening at 7 in the morning for the first pint of the day. Madness.

I know there's the bizarre exception to the rule : holiday airports however.

They are worse. Last thing I want on my 7.00 am flight is a pissed up stag/hen party.

Novelty dances. As if having one at your wedding was bad enough, New Street had an opening today for some suits and halfway through some clearings in the woods in hard hats started dancing to Bruno Mars. You're opening a **** train station, not a dance studio. Piss off.

It's not a train station. It's a railway station (pedant mode engaged) ^_^

Actually. It's not even a railway station. It's a shopping centre that has some trains stopping underneath it 

Wetherspoons?

Surprisingly not! There was a spoonys next door, which had a few people in but the place i went to I would class as a 'step up' from a spoonys as their breakfast was a quid more expensive!

Now, I like a pint on a sunny day but never before midday and usually later than that. Even if I have a early morning flight for a stag do, I won't have a drink

• Like 1

Depends on the occasion, I don't mind an early drink, a couple of baggies fans in my office are starting at 8 tomorrow, I did the same for baggies away last year, drinking early doors on a stag do in my head makes sense, be drunk by about 1pm, plateau calm down in the afternoon and then have another crack at it on the night... (Don't know who I'm kidding last stag do I went on was reading festival, 6am start 1am finish)

Â