Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Miller & Carter in The Mailbox was the last restaurant I remember going to where the food was top notch and the portion sizes were insane. I haven't been that full in a long time.

Edited by Ginko

There's a new bloke at work called Anthony, and he likes it pronounced with the 'th' in the middle rather than like a 't'. I know it's his name and everything so it's up to him, but for some reason it pisses me off.

Just call him Tony or Tone to be safe. 

There's a new bloke at work called Anthony, and he likes it pronounced with the 'th' in the middle rather than like a 't'. I know it's his name and everything so it's up to him, but for some reason it pisses me off.

Just call him Tony or Tone to be safe. 

Thone

• Like 1

In inner-city Dublin he'd either be Anto or A'nee.

upscale restaurants. Food tastes good but portions are awful for the price. Need about 3 or 4 mains to get full.

Disagree, it's a bit of an old fashioned thing to write off "posh" restaurants because of the portion sizes yet what I've found whenever I've eaten in them they use incredibly rich ingredients that are actually really filling

Some of brums posh restaurants are superb and decent value, purnells being the best IMO £55 I think for 3 courses (inc an amuse bouche and bread) it's as filling as anything I've had anywhere else

If you want something halfway then try purnells bistro, anyone who says they'd rather have Toby Carvery rather than their £18 3 course Sunday roast is talking bollocks, it's unbelievably good quality and well worth the money

• Like 3

Working in a customer service role, I now hate hearing the opening words "what it is mate".

I genuinely never know how to start that conversation. These days I just launch into a 15 minute rant straight off the bat before the person on the other end of the phone goes "Sorry sir, you're through to the wrong department".

Virgin Media. I **** HATE Virgin Media. Slags. 

Working in a customer service role, I now hate hearing the opening words "what it is mate".

That is a long standing tradition on the railway.

Guard asks to see ticket. Long winded rigmarole of checking every pocket (known as the ticket dance) Then turns bag inside out. Only to then say "well what it is mate"

In my time as a guard my response to that was usually to say if you can give me an excuse I have not heard before then I will give you the ticket for free. If I have heard it then you pay double. Usually meant they would pay up 

Guard asks to see ticket. Long winded rigmarole of checking every pocket (known as the ticket dance) Then turns bag inside out. Only to then say "well what it is mate"

In my time as a guard my response to that was usually to say if you can give me an excuse I have not heard before then I will give you the ticket for free. If I have heard it then you pay double. Usually meant they would pay up

Piece of piss.

What it is, mate, is... I had the ticket when I came out of the house, but just on my way into the station, a beam of green light came from a cloud and sucked me through a wormhole in the space/time continuum to a small town in Bohemia in the year 1644. Realising I was in the middle of the Thirty Years War, I persuaded a local peasant that I was The Angel Gabriel, and gave him my ticket, telling him it was a holy relic that would guarantee his entry into the Kingdom of Heaven, in return for shelter for the night. He agreed, and told me to help myself to the barrel of malmsey wine in his cellar. The next thing I knew, I found myself in the toilet of the 11:15 to Leamington Spa. You know how it is.

• Like 4

Piece of piss.

What it is, mate, is... I had the ticket when I came out of the house, but just on my way into the station, a beam of green light came from a cloud and sucked me through a wormhole in the space/time continuum to a small town in Bohemia in the year 1644. Realising I was in the middle of the Thirty Years War, I persuaded a local peasant that I was The Angel Gabriel, and gave him my ticket, telling him it was a holy relic that would guarantee his entry into the Kingdom of Heaven, in return for shelter for the night. He agreed, and told me to help myself to the barrel of malmsey wine in his cellar. The next thing I knew, I found myself in the toilet of the 11:15 to Leamington Spa. You know how it is.

Sorry pal. Heard it. You pay double 

• Like 3

Swimming. I never learnt how to swim properly as a kid. Decided to have lessons when I turned 29 as was going away and didn't want to look like a turkey in the pool. A few years on, back on the fitness trail, I decide I'll try and have a little swim, give the knee caps a rest from the gym, **** HELL IT'S BORING.

Swimming. I never learnt how to swim properly as a kid. Decided to have lessons when I turned 29 as was going away and didn't want to look like a turkey in the pool. A few years on, back on the fitness trail, I decide I'll try and have a little swim, give the knee caps a rest from the gym, **** HELL IT'S BORING.

I wonder quite what you were expecting of it - a splash of horny mermaids to accompany you* on your exercise? :)

*Edited in.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

Â