Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Same argument exists though, farmed animals that we eat serve a purpose, the claiming of land for these animals serves a purpose, add it to the long list of shitty things going on in the world that I don't have time to care about

Some bloke paying to shoot a lion with a crossbow so he can get himself a great Facebook picture serves absolutely no purpose what so ever

That in my mind is why so many meat eaters take offence to big game hunting

• Like 2

So if he was to turn around and say "yeh i just wanted to try lion and see what it tastes like, im hungry", it would have served a purpose and been ok? He could have fed a whole family for days with that lion. You could argue its incredibly unnecessary to kill that type of animal for food but then so is '20%-80%' of the farmed animals but nobody gives them the same outrage.

And then theres the people that get outraged that they left him to die for 48 hours. How is it that much worse that he probably had a "good lion life xD" with 48 hours of suffering compared to an animal which just gets shoved into a cage from birth, pumped food in a cage and only comes out of that cage to die. The suffering in the latter seems worse to me. I dont understand how people only care about the method of killing of the animal and not the quality of life.

Ill stop now. I know people find this debate/topic to be the worst and i imagine nobody will change their minds so its pointless. sorry for the derail

Edited by gharperr

You can't be eating dog you bloody animals!

It was a kinda farm dog bred for eating in much the same way a pig or a cow is , rather than a little fluffy puppy with big eyes and a collar

And as mentioned previously it tasted rank , like a low quality grisslely lamb

meat is meat if your family is hungry, there would be no hierarchy for me

if, following armageddon or a Villa FA Cup victory the only food left was a unicorn, that unicorn is going in the pot

if, following a third holiday this year, an american dentist kills a rare animal, I think that's disgusting

as for arguments on whether veggies have any sort of superior outlook over meat eaters, I've got 20 years of vegetarianism under my belt, you know, if we're going down that road...

please see the comment earlier about killing off jaguars and panthers etc to clear land to grow burgers, I am vaguely aware of our problem with meat production

the methane is an interesting one, I think veggies probably fart in proportion to cows, so not feeding cows fart food but simply eating fart food ourselves will help with slowing the land grab, not convinced entirely it will help the ozone

nothing more potent than a veggie chilli

Presumably though there are only about 14 veggies in the world v a few million delicious animals

Edit - I am aware that about half of India is veggie before anyone replies :)

Edited by tonyh29

nobody knows how many veggies there are

when asked to raise their hand if they are a veggie, many don't have the strength or the cognitive ability and get miscounted as meat eaters

• Like 3

when asked to raise their hand if they are a veggie, many don't have the strength or the cognitive ability and get miscounted as meat eaters

I knew this one veggie girl who still ate the skin off KFC chicken. How does that work?

I knew this one veggie girl who still ate the skin off KFC chicken. How does that work?

Cognitive dissonance.

It is based upon the idea that only eating the flesh counts, so they retain their sense of moral superiority even though they consume innumerable products which contain substances extracted from the by-products of husbandry and slaughter, such as leather, manure, gelatin, rennet and a whole host of chemicals extracted from animal waste. :)  

Cognitive dissonance.

Only if you believe KFC contains meat products. :)

• Like 1

Cognitive dissonance.

Only if you believe KFC contains meat products. :)

She does because she doesn't eat their 'chicken'.

• Like 1

So there we were last night, looking for something to watch on TV, and the missus says: "I fancy watching an Ingmar Bergman movie - have you got any on DVD?" 

Surprisingly, I haven't. I knew that NetFlix is too resolutely lowbrow to have such a thing, but then I had a barinwave - complete movies on YouTube! Sure enough, several B&W Bergman classics from the 60s. So we settle down to watch "Winter Light". 

Now this film is not exactly a barrel of laughs, but hey, it's Bergman. And it's only 1 hr 20 minutes. 

Except for one thing - the YouTube version is 1 hr 15 minutes - it stops just short of the end. Whaaaat??? Checking the user comments (why didn't I do that first) several people complain about it. FFS. 

So there we were last night, looking for something to watch on TV, and the missus says: "I fancy watching an Ingmar Bergman movie - have you got any on DVD?" 

Surprisingly, I haven't. I knew that NetFlix is too resolutely lowbrow to have such a thing, but then I had a barinwave - complete movies on YouTube! Sure enough, several B&W Bergman classics from the 60s. So we settle down to watch "Winter Light". 

Now this film is not exactly a barrel of laughs, but hey, it's Bergman. And it's only 1 hr 20 minutes. 

Except for one thing - the YouTube version is 1 hr 15 minutes - it stops just short of the end. Whaaaat??? Checking the user comments (why didn't I do that first) several people complain about it. FFS. 

Wild Strawberries is an ideal film for your time of life. :)

Â