Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

England are 139 for 6 in day 2366668886 of the t20 4 day test against new Zealand.

Tomorrow, see how England do in day 2366668887 against new Zealand, but this time in the ashes, or 1 day test, or the 5 month test, or the **** ashes again.

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 2

Out of curiosity, do all you non-hagglers buy cars at the price on the windscreen for the interest rate first quoted?

Interesting point. I've never bought a car that I couldn't buy outright (so no interest rate). I've only ever bought second hand and yes I've tried to get that price down. I suppose I haggle on cars because a. Second hand value is very subjective and b. The relatively high figure is worth arguing over.

is this the one man one punch thread?

Really, mate? Why so?

Ignoring his 'saints and sinners' rubbish, isn't he just normally on the side of the cheated consumer?

although he does a good deed in catching cowboy builders like myself  ;) he just annoys me sometimes but he ay that bad is he, i just ended up getting screen rage for some reason.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, do all you non-hagglers buy cars at the price on the windscreen for the interest rate first quoted?

Ive only ever had company cars so can't answer this

I suppose houses I've haggled over but to be fair there is a middle man doing that for me and not me having to sit there drinking sweet tea whilst the current owner tells me he's doing a special price for me as his friend

I'm getting so pissed off with myself tonight its unreal, trying to play my piano tonight and there is one tough bit in a song and I had it nailed the other day but tonight I'm playing like a complete bag of monkey spunk.

I know I can do it but my brain and my hands just aint matching up at all at the moment, I'm taking a bit of a break from it, I'll give it another go later but at the minute I'm on the verge of smashing my piano to tine **** pieces

No, I haggle, but it's utterly excruciating. I just know that they're laughing at me.

England are 139 for 6 in day 2366668886 of the t20 4 day test against new Zealand.

Tomorrow, see how England do in day 2366668887 against new Zealand, but this time in the ashes, or 1 day test, or the 5 month test, or the **** ashes again.

I'm glad you're getting in to it. We're playing very well.

Looking forward to the Ashes, are you? :D

I just bought a car and had my father in law negotiate the price. Saved me 500 pounds, which was fair enough as I thought the listed price was more than acceptable. I could never do it myself. Irrationally, it makes me feel guilty and ashamed.
  • Like 1

No, I haggle, but it's utterly excruciating. I just know that they're laughing at me.

I'm buying an old record turntable at some point, but I appear to be freaking out the retro hi fi shops by saying I'm definitely buying, but happy to buy today or wait a few months. When you don't 'need' to buy it does slightly change the dynamic.

I amazed my nipper last summer when we were walking through St James's Park and there was an ice cream concession. I walked up to it and calmly asked the bloke if I could have a free icecream for my nipper. There was a slight pause....then he said yes and handed me a cone! Once I had the cone, I asked if I could take a flake from the box. He gave that little 'help yourself' wave. 

Nobody was more surprised than me, I'm not sure that would work 999 times out of 1,000. But it did the one time I tried it!

• Like 2

I amazed my nipper last summer when we were walking through St James's Park and there was an ice cream concession. I walked up to it and calmly asked the bloke if I could have a free icecream for my nipper. There was a slight pause....then he said yes and handed me a cone! Once I had the cone, I asked if I could take a flake from the box. He gave that little 'help yourself' wave. 

Nobody was more surprised than me, I'm not sure that would work 999 times out of 1,000. But it did the one time I tried it!

You either have Derren Brown style powers, or he didn't really work there, was robbing the stall and had the owner tied up in the back. 

• Like 2

I'm buying an old record turntable at some point, but I appear to be freaking out the retro hi fi shops by saying I'm definitely buying, but happy to buy today or wait a few months. When you don't 'need' to buy it does slightly change the dynamic.

99 out of 100 would be better.  99 for free.  

Haggling over a car is hard though. Because you want the car, and it actually matters because it costs so much.

Haggling over a crappy statue from a bazaar is a piece of piss because you can just walk out and buy it at the next tat stand if you don't like the price, so you hold all the cards.

It's genuinely impatience too though.  I'm not going to haggle over €1.  It's pathetic. It's a form of confrontation that raises my blood pressure and it is for absolutely nothing but the theatre of it.  I probably want to buy it because I WANT it and I have the money to pay for it.  Sell it to me or I simply walk away - and I don't mean 'playing hard ball walk away'.  "See ya bye".

The thing is though, in those kind of shops there is no selling price. That's not how they work.

They've bought all their stuff and their selling price is whatever you are willing to pay for it. So if you ask them for a price, whatever they say is going to be extrotionate.

You say it's only €1, but it can be significant.

In mexico just I bought a load of souvenirs for the family. I got two luchador masks for 250 pesos, but when I asked the price he wanted 400 pesos each. That's £25 I've saved compared to just paying the asking price!

Â