Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I'll tell you something that really pisses me off:

The fact that an individual may have a great idea for a business venture, but the barriers to getting anything going are so high, that it's just not possible for the average person.

For example: I've been looking to set up a watersports venture in Cardiff (in partnership with another guy), but the costs just to get the planning permission required will top £12,000. It's a really sound idea, but without big money - we're not getting anywhere. Meanwhile we get refused grants on the basis that the activities won't be available at the Olympics, and hence they're at the back of the queue.

*Destined to work in a crappy office all his life*

Get on Dragons Den.

I was made redundant back in September last year, spent 6 years of my life in Administration, fully qualified, thought i'd walk into any admin job, so didnt think too much of it at the time, spent 2 months applying for admin jobs at the same salary, wasn't getting anywhere, started applying for minimum wage admin jobs in November time thinking i'd easily get one of them, got one interview from abou 40-50 jobs I applied for, didn't get the job, we're now in February, my redundancy money is slowly running out and i'm applying for admin jobs where you dont need any experience and still getting knocked back! I really wish I knew how long i'd be like this for............. pisses me right off signing on the dole with all the work shy bastards when I actually want a job.

I'll tell you something that really pisses me off:

The fact that an individual may have a great idea for a business venture, but the barriers to getting anything going are so high, that it's just not possible for the average person.

For example: I've been looking to set up a watersports venture in Cardiff (in partnership with another guy), but the costs just to get the planning permission required will top £12,000. It's a really sound idea, but without big money - we're not getting anywhere. Meanwhile we get refused grants on the basis that the activities won't be available at the Olympics, and hence they're at the back of the queue.

*Destined to work in a crappy office all his life*

Get on Dragons Den.

I would love to see Deborah Meadens face when you mention watersports to her :winkold:

I was made redundant back in September last year, spent 6 years of my life in Administration, fully qualified, thought i'd walk into any admin job, so didnt think too much of it at the time, spent 2 months applying for admin jobs at the same salary, wasn't getting anywhere, started applying for minimum wage admin jobs in November time thinking i'd easily get one of them, got one interview from abou 40-50 jobs I applied for, didn't get the job, we're now in February, my redundancy money is slowly running out and i'm applying for admin jobs where you dont need any experience and still getting knocked back! I really wish I knew how long i'd be like this for............. pisses me right off signing on the dole with all the work shy bastards when I actually want a job.

:(

Mike Parry on the BBC.

And they paired him with Robbie bloody Savage.

its like they *want* to lose listeners?

does anyone actually, really thing Mike Parry has anything to bring to sports commentating. The only sport he's ever taken part in is the 10 yard dash to the buffet. I despise him more than even Alan Brazil, who at least achieved something before he turned into a bitter bald fat drunken Vogon. Imagine Parry, Savage, and the odd whinge from Alan Green! Jezus, thats a recipe for total unlistenability....

Wedding menus. Who actually wants anything thats on them? and if you do, it usually comes with a load of crap you don't want. And everything is so pretentious, lets look at some examples...

Chicken Liver parfait with Melba toast and Red Onion Marmalade

Chicken liver with some kind of Communion wafer and some red onion mush.

Corn-fed supreme of Chicken, pan friend Parma ham and morel Mushroom sauce

Chicen breast, bacon and some poisonous looking mushroom gravy

I think I might ask for the children's menu, there's bound to be Spaghetti and some kind of novelty ice cream.

Wedding menus. Who actually wants anything thats on them? and if you do, it usually comes with a load of crap you don't want. And everything is so pretentious, lets look at some examples...

That all sounds pretty tasty to me.

I think I might ask for the children's menu, there's bound to be Spaghetti and some kind of novelty ice cream.
Having seen the pictures of your bedroom, that doesn't surprise me! :lol:

Having seen the pictures of your bedroom, that doesn't surprise me! :lol:

Yeah well... :(

Children's ice cream sucks too, it's always this gritty tasteless 'vanilla' stuff served inside a plastic Pingu head, oh and for some reason Pingu is wearing a blue Stetson.

Spot on! Went to cousins wedding in summer, all a load of shite. Stupidly fancy, all contained shit that I hate.

I mean what the hell is wrong with your food?!?! That all sounds awful!! Most of the weddings I've been to have awesome choices. It is always a little bit upscale for my liking but it's still delicious. Your options sound like a throw back from the Dark Ages. I would be pissed off too.

Â