Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I am sure I read somewhere that this type of gel does not kill things like H1n1 or similar, they are some sort of molecular husk that the gel can't touch. It just gets rid of all the other nasties.

Might have dreamt that though.

Your dreams are shit

I also dream of planes crashing on the Sty at half time so there has to be a balance, they can't all be great :D

I appreciate your balanced and well thought out input though :D:lol:

I am sure I read somewhere that this type of gel does not kill things like H1n1 or similar, they are some sort of molecular husk that the gel can't touch. It just gets rid of all the other nasties.

Might have dreamt that though.

Your dreams are shit

I also dream of planes crashing on the Sty at half time so there has to be a balance, they can't all be great :D

I appreciate your balanced and well thought out input though :D:lol:

You're wlecome :thumb:

To be fair, i dreamt about a vlookup problem in Microsoft Excel the other night, so I'm really in no position to talk.

I don't know why it never dawned on me before.

Sky Sports News isn't really Sky Sports News. It's really Sky "Sports that we show" News. Or "Sky Sports" News instead of Sky "Sports News" :)

That pisses me off because (as usual) it's like nothing outside Skyland exists or is worth reporting on.

Sky Sports News isn't really Sky Sports News. It's really Sky "Sports that we show" News. Or "Sky Sports" News instead of Sky "Sports News" :)

That pisses me off because (as usual) it's like nothing outside Skyland exists or is worth reporting on.

That is so confusing to read, it made my brain ache! :?

Researchers in China are reporting a discovery that could turn rice straw into an inexpensive new renewable source of biofuel.

Their new study, scheduled for the July 16 issue of ACS' bimonthly journal Energy & Fuels, describes a way to boost production of biofuel from rice straw by almost 65 percent.

In the new study, Xiujin Li and colleagues point out that China is the world's largest rice producer, a crop that leaves behind about 230 million tons of rice straw each year. Rice straw is the stem and leaves left behind after harvesting the grains.

Scientists, however, have not tapped rice straw for production of biogas because bacteria cannot easily break down its cellulose due to the complex physical and chemical structures of lignocellulosic biomass.

The researchers treated rice straw with sodium hydroxide before allowing bacteria to ferment it into a biogas. That so-called pretreatment increased biogas production by making more cellulose and other compositions in straw available for digestion by the bacteria. Three prototype facilities have been built in China using this technology.

Rice In Your Gas Tank: Boosting Biofuel Production From Rice Straw

False dawn again I think, we had all these cheap fuels like corn and sugarcane ones that never caught on.

That's most media though isn't it? I know that's how it is over here. Completely understandable to be pissed off.

I pisses me off that i enjoy watching Eastenders and what pisses me off more is how pissed of off i get with Janine in it, this in turn pisses me off becuase along with the fact i shouldnt be watching the thing in the first place, i definatly shouldnt be getting pissed off with a fictional character on a soap, so is it Janine or Eastenders which piss me off most?

I pisses me off that i enjoy watching Eastenders and what pisses me off more is how pissed of off i get with Janine in it, this in turn pisses me off becuase along with the fact i shouldnt be watching the thing in the first place, i definatly shouldnt be getting pissed off with a fictional character on a soap, so is it Janine or Eastenders which piss me off most?

:lol:

It almost sounds like you need a twelve step program just to switch the channel. Or better yet, turn the tv off and do something else. :D

Phew, I'm knackered jumping through paddypower's hoops in order to get my money back off them.

Here's a summary

------------------

Account -> Withdraw all

Account suspended. Lolwut?

Email - Eh why is my account suspended for taking out my money?

Email from them - Please send us a photo of your credit card, passport & a bank statement (with sensitive details blanked)

Done. Proves I'm definitely not a con artist.

Sorry but can you please send us a photo of the registered credit card.

That's an old one that my bank explicitly asked that I cut up and dispose of.

Sorry we need a photo of it.

So you are telling me no amount of official documentation proving my identity will allow me to get my money back from you?

What is your mother's maiden name and last 4 digits of the registered credit card.

Answered.

One moment please...... OK your account is re-activated and the money order has gone through.

Gee, thanks

---------------

Suffice it to say, this little episode has put an end to any possibility of me ever re-using that account again. Paddypower's loss is Victor Chandler's gain.

Absolutely. That's why you get hours of reporting on the CL game they are showing that week, but very little on the game ITV are showing, because they don't want to promote it.

it's also why you get a load of reporting on Speedway and pool etc, but nothing more than a passing mention for F1

So all in all Bri, why couldnt you withdraw your own money? What was the reason?
Because I tried to take out all of my money, they treated it as suspicious which is why the account was suspended. They also said my bank wasn't one of the banks that provides the facility for an automatic transfer, which necessitated jumping through the hoops - official docs. Then the registered CC was a previous CC. Eventually I stopped with the emails and just went to their 'live help' on their site and that person got it sorted.

It just gave me the feeling they were making a withdrawal as difficult as they could.

For quite a long time I didn't realise that Paddy Power was an actual person. I thought it was like "flower power", only for gambling Irishmen. :)

Then I heard his regular spot on TalkSport. Even then I visualised him as being quite an old bloke. I was surprised by how young he actually is.

pp.jpg

Â