Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I just read a Will Self article on dickheads. The man is far from retarded, although he clearly relishes (wink) (sorry donnie) basking in the radiance of his own intellect.

What do you think of Will Self's grandiloquent writing style?

His writing style is very impressive, although I dont agree with most things he says. However, have you ever seen him on question time?? Awkward watching him. Watch him and tell me he isnt weird?

Self is a very appropriate name for him. Clever bloke but an utterly narcissistic London luvvie.

Yep, that's pretty much it.

Although he does get plus points which have kept him off my fatwa list because his stuff got me into psychogeography - of which I indulged in a bit at lunchtime today.

I also once saw him striding the other way in a busy London street, I did that sort of raised eyebrow nod thing that acknowledges somebody passing by and he gave a loud 'hi, how are you?' as he marched by. Made me feel all warm for about 10 seconds as others asked how I knew him. Then I felt bad for being impressed by celebrity. Then I decided he might be an anti-celebrity. Then I realised that sometimes I think too hard. Which was all a bit of a Self ish experience.

• Like 3

Watch him and tell me he isnt weird?

Big on substance abuse in the past. He was a long term heroin addict.

Explains it. Knew something wasnt right about him. Just read he was born in Westminster and his Dad was a professor. So a toff who rebelled and now likes to pretend he is the 'voice' of the working classes. Typical.

That is borderline Voinjama territory that is 

Speaking of which, where is he? I was looking forward to stories from Magaluf.

He had sex with a fat girl and she crushed him to death.

I think he'd be happy with that.

After defecating on him. 

Self is a very appropriate name for him. Clever bloke but an utterly narcissistic London luvvie.

Would have to agree. Had the misfortune of sitting at a table adjacent it him in a restaurant recently. His kids (I presume they were his) (sorry Donnie) were unruly in the extreme and he didn't bat an eyelid. In fact he seemed intent on not only regaling his table with his entertaining and witty stories about himself but the whole restaurant too, such was the volume at which he spoke.

Explains it. Knew something wasnt right about him. Just read he was born in Westminster and his Dad was a professor. So a toff who rebelled and now likes to pretend he is the 'voice' of the working classes. Typical.

'Typical'? Typical how and of what?

People born in Westminster (that doesn't mean the Palace of [Westminster], by the way)?

Children of educators?

Or is it just typical of the crass way that some people's political opinions are dismissed?

People in parked cars opening their doors when there is a steady stream of traffic coming past them.

Wait, you fudging cretin.

Jesus H Christ!

My arse.

Don't know what it is at the moment but its like a faulty sprinkler system. Shitting all over the place. Bum aids no doubt  :(

Gastroenteritis

Â