Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

You think you feel pissed off? I've been in the office on every day except Christmas Day for what turned out to be the busiest two weeks all **** year, while everyone else dicked around at home.

This year I'm taking December off. **** 'em.

• Like 2

First day back at work tomorrow for the first time in two weeks, **** sake.
indeed :(
Cheer up it won't be long before you get your short break in Feb to get you ready for the 3 week break in March Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 3

His autobiography is published by puffin classics

I see what you did there.

Oh.

I'm not sure I do!

Oh, OK, I take it back then. 

His autobiography is published by Penguin Classics (a fact which really boils my piss). 

Puffin is the childrens' imprint of Penguin Books, so I assumed you were making play on that. 

Oh shit, that's incredibly witty.

I was just testing you. I totally did mean it!!

Cheer up it won't be long before you get your short break in Feb to get you ready for the 3 week break in March

haaaaang on a minute......

surely you've been in every day, putting up posters and shit?

....it really is a joke, even the teachers I know have worked this Christmas - been interesting to see a shift in the way teachers act too. A couple of years ago any sort of 'social interaction' was frowned upon. Now, the teachers are using twitter to answer homework queries and remind the kids to take sports stuff in tomorrow! That really does put you 'on call' and strikes me that it wouldn't be a great leap to switch to internet / skype / distance teaching methods.

You think you feel pissed off? I've been in the office on every day except Christmas Day for what turned out to be the busiest two weeks all **** year, while everyone else dicked around at home.

This year I'm taking December off. **** 'em.

I_know_that_feel_bro.jpg

I even worked Christmas day...and there was no one in my office....

because there never is anyway

forever_alone_by_foreveraloneplz.png

Apart from when the cleaner comes in twice a week.

Bloody modern technology.

I've been in the UK for the past 10 days and the wife was back in Istanbul. So I walk through the door and we exchange pleasantries, then she starts giggling like a school-girl. Apparently she can see my browser history on the laptop in Istanbul from what I looked up on my phone in Brum. 

She now knows I look at met-art. A lot.

• Like 1

haaaaang on a minute......

surely you've been in every day, putting up posters and shit?

....it really is a joke, even the teachers I know have worked this Christmas - been interesting to see a shift in the way teachers act too. A couple of years ago any sort of 'social interaction' was frowned upon. Now, the teachers are using twitter to answer homework queries and remind the kids to take sports stuff in tomorrow! That really does put you 'on call' and strikes me that it wouldn't be a great leap to switch to internet / skype / distance teaching methods.

You don't have to be in school to do work. The key word in that initial sentence was 'at'.

Yeah, schools text parents pretty much every day. Most schools have a Twitter feed, blogs etc. Technology eh.

Edited by StefanAVFC

You don't have to be in school to do work. The key word in that initial sentence was 'at'.

Yeah, schools text parents pretty much every day. Most schools have a Twitter feed, blogs etc. Technology eh.

yeah we've had the twitter school to parent link for a while and that's proved quite handy - knowing what to sort out for Primary school kids. But it does appear to have moved on a step, the twitter stuff is now directly pupil / teacher all hours of all days, as is facebook. Also, the setting up of wiki pages and drop boxes to drop and pick up work has been good to see, it's something we use in real life so seeing kids knowing this stuff is encouraging.

Historically, I think all sides involved would have been a little reticent about such contact, but perhaps now its so open and public and accessible it's fine.

Incidentally, I haven't been 'at' work since mid December, but have been working on and off for days. I'm in the office tomorrow, with my auto response still set to say i'm not there until later in the week, just to give me a day or two to sort my own stuff out. 'Tis a different world to 10 years ago.

yeah we've had the twitter school to parent link for a while and that's proved quite handy - knowing what to sort out for Primary school kids. But it does appear to have moved on a step, the twitter stuff is now directly pupil / teacher all hours of all days, as is facebook. Also, the setting up of wiki pages and drop boxes to drop and pick up work has been good to see, it's something we use in real life so seeing kids knowing this stuff is encouraging.

Historically, I think all sides involved would have been a little reticent about such contact, but perhaps now its so open and public and accessible it's fine.

Incidentally, I haven't been 'at' work since mid December, but have been working on and off for days. I'm in the office tomorrow, with my auto response still set to say i'm not there until later in the week, just to give me a day or two to sort my own stuff out. 'Tis a different world to 10 years ago.

Most schools are encouraged to have a portal of some sort as well which is interesting. I'm a bit of a Luddite though which is strange considering I grew up with a lot of this technology. I wouldn't be comfortable with any child seeing my Twitter feed. It's full of profanity mostly about the Villa and the Seahawks :D . I do however use the school one so it's all good. My own 'teacher' one is something I'd consider setting up in the New Year.

It's just funny how IT lessons have changed since I was at school. Now we teach them blogging, google map reading and coding/scripting as opposed to the basic IT skills of yore. 

I've just been doing the basics at home really. Planning, planning, planning. Mostly medium/long.

yeah we've had the twitter school to parent link for a while and that's proved quite handy - knowing what to sort out for Primary school kids. But it does appear to have moved on a step, the twitter stuff is now directly pupil / teacher all hours of all days, as is facebook. Also, the setting up of wiki pages and drop boxes to drop and pick up work has been good to see, it's something we use in real life so seeing kids knowing this stuff is encouraging.

The day my kids school use twitter for notification is the day i pull them

out of that school

Â