Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Basketball is pretty much non-stop movement, but it is boring for that very reason. 

Everybody runs down to one end, score, then everybody runs down to the other end, score. Repeat ad nauseam until the end, when the final score is something like 110-109. 

No tactics, no development, no changes of pace. It's frantic, but somehow NOT exciting. 

At least NFL has positioning, etc. that you can analyse. 

• Like 1

If you go into it with the mindset that you are going to hate it and find it boring, chances are you will hate it and find it boring.

And how do you know that's how I went into it? In all honesty, I went into it with an open mind but you're all just wrongly assuming.

I actually went into Rugby thinking I was going to find it boring and hate it, now I'd have to say I can't quite decide between that and football as my favourite sport (though the financial side of football is the real negative)

Well I can tell you adverts don't always follow the end of a down. The clock management and the stop start nature of the sport can make it frustrating and inaccessible to a beginner if you don't know how and why things are happening in the context of the game.

Anyhoo, I'm not here to change your mind. The sport is probably not for you. There's quite a lot involved in getting up to speed properly with NFL and it's fantastic when you get to that point.

• Like 1

Well I can tell you adverts don't always follow the end of a down. The clock management and the stop start nature of the sport can make it frustrating and inaccessible to a beginner if you don't know how and why things are happening in the context of the game.

Anyhoo, I'm not here to change your mind. The sport is probably not for you. There's quite a lot involved in getting up to speed properly with NFL and it's fantastic when you get to that point.

Indeed. I look forward to NFL Sundays, Red Zone and the Seahawks more than I do MOTD and the Villa atm.

• Like 1

Indeed. I look forward to NFL Sundays, Red Zone and the Seahawks more than I do MOTD and the Villa atm.

A rectal exam is more enjoyable than the Villa atm. I do like NFL but think I would enjoy it a lot more if I had a team to follow. I've never really invested in one particular team

A rectal exam is more enjoyable than the Villa atm. I do like NFL but think I would enjoy it a lot more if I had a team to follow. I've never really invested in one particular team

pssssst seahawks

I don't mind the NFL but of the popular 'American sports' I most enjoy Ice Hockey. I went to watch the Hannover Scorpions play when I was over in Germany and it was a great atmosphere, it's very popular over there

Baseball isn't stop-start?

The time between pitches in baseball: about 30 seconds, with a longer delay (end of half-inning or pitcher changes) about every ten minutes during which you get a few minutes of adverts

The time between plays in American football: about 30 seconds, with a longer delay about every ten minutes during which you get a few minutes of adverts

(it's not coincidence: baseball's century or so as the dominant American sport resulted in the others, especially the professional leagues, most notably the NFL and NBA, deliberately making changes to make it flow more like baseball... baseball starts offering 20 minute condensed games online, the NFL follows suit, etc.)

No one questions how proper hard NHL players are

(and that's by far not the worst skate cut injury... if you're either not squeamish about blood or haven't eaten, searching for Zednik or Malarchuk on youtube is perhaps recommended)

Edited by leviramsey

This is my second favourite sport -

Slamball

i_slamball_in_gif_001_514836beda576.gifi_slamball_in_gif_003_514836c4266de.gif

i_slamball_in_gif_006_514836cb322e1.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ouXw328WYI

Some on here are aware some are not but I am 6ft10 and I've played this a few times and it's "Very enjoyable for a big guy" I'm sure some of you can have fun with that quoted part...

It's fast, full contact and incorporates a lot of other attributes some of you have listed for what you enjoy in a sport.

Let's get a VT Team together.

• Like 2

This is my second favourite sport -

Slamball

i_slamball_in_gif_001_514836beda576.gifi_slamball_in_gif_003_514836c4266de.gif

i_slamball_in_gif_006_514836cb322e1.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ouXw328WYI

Some on here are aware some are not but I am 6ft10 and I've played this a few times and it's "Very enjoyable for a big guy" I'm sure some of you can have fun with that quoted part...

It's fast, full contact and incorporates a lot of other attributes some of you have listed for what you enjoy in a sport.

Let's get a VT Team together.

I'm 5'7 and white -_-

These bloody flashing adverts at the bottom of each page hurts my eyes and is making me not want to come onto the site! (Mobile device, what's it like on desktop?)

Edited by Tayls

Â