Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I mentioned that in the other football section earlier today. About 5 posters had written Lunar off as crap after only 45 minutes.

Did he eclipse their opinions?

There was a tidal wave of negativity and a period of extreme rage. :)

Edited by snowychap

The match threads

Just read the start of the Arsenal one (as in from when the game started)

**** me. What a miserable bunch of words removed we all are.

I'm quite proud to have been the semi-solitary voice of reason when Arsenal scored. To quote me, "there's a long way to go yet".

• Like 1

I'm quite proud...

Well done you. :rolleyes:

Did you say the same after the first goal in any game we've lost (I would expect so)? And if so, were you equally 'proud' at the end?

Nah, it's just my predictions these days are getting scarily accurate. I think I may actually be.. gifted.

• Like 1

Nah, it's just my predictions these days are getting scarily accurate. I think I may actually be.. gifted.

I hope you are. The worry would be that you believe yourself to be. ;)

p.s. You did manage to avoid the point of both of our posts there, too. I guess that could be justifiably called gifted. :)

Edited by snowychap

I hope you are. The worry would be that you believe yourself to be. ;)

p.s. You did manage to avoid the point of both of our posts there, too. I guess that could be justifiably called gifted. :)

Like, back to the home gifted?

I'm quite proud...

Well done you. :rolleyes:

Did you say the same after the first goal in any game we've lost (I would expect so)? And if so, were you equally 'proud' at the end?

ooooo.gif

• Like 1

So last night got wrongled!

I started drinking at midday (10am your time) in preparation for the Villa game. So I roll up to the place I'm watching the game and I'm half cut anyway. Match starts wehey we win, so I start drinking more. Turkish guys be like, this guy's cray cray they buy me vodka shots. I'm all over the place. I've already upset some Italian tourists dinner on the floor. Pay for that. Go outside for a fag, flick the end away and it catches a woman's burkha, no flay-flames just smouldered. Give the husband who's ready to behead me another few notes to **** him off. Everything's calm, the beers flow. 

...Then I start **** weeping, for no reason. I'm drunk and I'm weeping. My mate tries to say: "What the **** are you doing?" So I swing at him and start grappling with him. He calms me down, chucks me in a taxi. Get home, no wallet. Dropped it in the taxi. 

Good guy taxi man, drops it off at the pub at 2pm this afternoon. Get a call from the pub after I've turned the flat upside down saying it's there. So I go back to the pub. Watch Juventus destroy Lazio. Happy days. Wallets back in the back pocket.

Amen. 

• Like 1

I started drinking at midday (10am your time) in preparation for the Villa game. So I roll up to the place I'm watching the game and I'm half cut anyway. Match starts wehey we win, so I start drinking more. Turkish guys be like, this guy's cray cray they buy me vodka shots. I'm all over the place. I've already upset some Italian tourists dinner on the floor. Pay for that. Go outside for a fag, flick the end away and it catches a woman's burkha, no flay-flames just smouldered. Give the husband who's ready to behead me another few notes to **** him off. Everything's calm, the beers flow. 

...Then I start **** weeping, for no reason. I'm drunk and I'm weeping. My mate tries to say: "What the **** are you doing?" So I swing at him and start grappling with him. He calms me down, chucks me in a taxi. Get home, no wallet. Dropped it in the taxi. 

Good guy taxi man, drops it off at the pub at 2pm this afternoon. Get a call from the pub after I've turned the flat upside down saying it's there. So I go back to the pub. Watch Juventus destroy Lazio. Happy days. Wallets back in the back pocket.

Amen. 

I think you should stop drinking.

• Like 2

Amen. 

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

• Like 3

IT at work. We started a new process at work six weeks ago and we needed five new systems. It took a few weeks to get a log in for the first four.

The fifth one however, the most important one; six weeks and I'm still waiting. Six weeks!? For a username and password!!!? Hours and hours spent talking to the IT guys and phoning the IT helpdesk.

:bang:  :bang:  :bang:  :bang:  :bang:

(I realise this is of no interest to anybody here, I'm just venting)

Still waiting. I'm starting to think this might be some kind of test.

There was a substantial woman on the tv last night on some programme about fat and food portions and exercise.

She was explaining how she had a problem all her life but would 'literally do anything, anything, to lose weight'. She then went on to explain that she'd tried the weight loss pills that stop you extracting fat from food. The only problem was you had no control over when the non absorbed fat slid out of your arse. Or, in her words 'I would have fried chicken in the night, take my pill, but in the morning it would be all over the bed'.

I'd suggest that if you were prepared to do 'literally anything' to lose weight, you might lay off the fried chicken.

That was the same program that told you exercise was basically pointless when it comes to weight loss, wasn't it?

Despite dragging on a bit, it was a bit of an eye opener.

I work in IT and what annoys me is people with these little problems who think they should get top priority because it's a small job rather than thinking, maybe the important jobs should take priority like an Office 365 migration, server migrations, installing and setting up new backup libraries. Jobs that take time and planning.

;)

Maybe. But I'm 7-8 weeks into my 12 week trial period for the job and I haven't got access to the main system, so I've been sitting around for nearly two months hardly doing anything and not really learning the process.

Plus, they've known I've needed this system since April. So small job or not, it's taking the piss. So I'm moaning!!  :P

• Like 1

Â