Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

came 3rd in work football tournament and organisers sent email and announced another team came 3rd  :rant:

I .... I .... could burn down the building ...

milton-office-space.jpg

• Like 1

Curry all day every day would be a perfectly acceptable diet for me.

less so for your insides, or nearest & dearest :P

I reckon curry, made in the right way, could just about be one of the healthiest foods going. Replace the excessive ghee with a bit of Olive oil, and you've got your 5 a day in one meal alone; Garlic, Chillis, Onions, Tomatoes, Spinach, Potatoes, Ginger, Turmeric, Chicken Breast, Herbs & Spices... All good stuff.

• Like 1

I reckon curry, made in the right way, could just about be one of the healthiest foods going. Replace the excessive ghee with a bit of Olive oil, and you've got your 5 a day in one meal alone; Garlic, Chillis, Onions, Tomatoes, Spinach, Potatoes, Ginger, Turmeric, Chicken Breast, Herbs & Spices... All good stuff.

It's the best grub you can eat if you do it right (and obviously vary your ingredients from time to time!)

BTW this isn't me trying to convince Mike to eat it. We've been down that road :)

Like I say, I do eat it. In fact the missus has made a lamb curry for this evening's meal. I'll eat it it, it just wouldn't have been my choice.

I just don't get the love for the stuff that most Brits seem to have.

• Like 2

My toenail has been black for a few months now. Can't wait for it to drop off so I can eat it.

You absolute word removed. I'm here eating a tasty dinner in a restaurant and read that.
Phones in a restaurant

Tut tut

Empty restaurant on a Monday evening having dinner on my own. I really enjoy the peace and quiet and not having to cook that day either.

Restaurant was called the English Restaurant. It's in Spitalfields. It was very good. The Bordeaux was superb. I took a photo of the label.

Nowt rude about using a phone when on your own. Same thing as reading a book or paper.

You must be very confident if you can comfortably eat in a restaurant alone... Other then maybe nandos it's something I'd never have the bulls to do without feeling self conscious.

Edited by donnie

Seriously? Confident to sit in a restaurant alone? Would you feel self conscious sitting in a bar alone?

I've gone and sat in a bar for a couple of pints of Guinness back in Dublin on a Sunday while reading the paper.

I eat in restaurants alone during the week no problem. I need food and can expense it so why not eat out?

Just bring something to read or interact with like your phone. It's fine.

When I worked in a restaurant we had a guy come in on hiw own.

It was his birthday and he had an unopened card with him that someone must have just given him.

Anyway, he opened it and then stood it up on his table.

Now he was staying in the hotel on business, on his own, so it was perfectly acceptable for him to be eating there on his own. He was a regular so we knew him and he had a family and kids and everything.

But **** me it was so depressing on first glance if you didn't know his situation. It just looked like he was having a birthday party all to himself :)

• Like 3

How media always try portray some foreign countries as some hell hole when something happens there.

Peru is a beautiful place. Yet because this idiot girl from Belfast tried to make some money smuggling a bit of coke back to Ibiza the media speak as if Peru is like a hell hole of some kind.

**** Up you ignorant journalists.

Edited by BOF
  • Like 2

Same with Chinese food .......real Chinese food is quite different I have a few pics from a chinese wedding I attended of the food

This is definitely true.  For starters it's much healthier over there, not the grease pits of doom they serve over here.

Same with Chinese food .......real Chinese food is quite different I have a few pics from a chinese wedding I attended of the food

This is definitely true.  For starters it's much healthier over there, not the grease pits of doom they serve over here.

You guys have to step out of the cheap Chinese buffet and go to a real  Chinese restaurant. I'm sure there are plenty of them around in London (probably not cheap, of course) :)

Surely you want it to have SOME flavour?

Wash your mouth out ! :) MSG is the lazy and very unhealthy way. There are plenty of ways to create a savoury umami flavour without using that shite :)
  • Like 1

Â