Hiroshi Kiyotake (1. FC Nuremberg)

Wes

Matt Kendrick saying Villa have indeed made an enquiry, but not an offer, and have been rebuffed. Maybe a concrete offer will get it done.

Eh?

'We're interested in your player how much?'

'Go Away.'

'Okay heres a few mill.'

'Go away.'

I'd rather believe the local German press than Kendrick repeating what was reported yesterday, which we all heard/saw and not just him, €10m bid rejected = Kiyotake is a no go in my opinion.

Don't think this one will happen now. Just can't see them being so vocal at their end if there was a release clause in his contract. Would love to be wrong but I doubt it. 

Just speculating here, but they really wouldn't go out and say there is a release clause, would they? I don't know how it works with release clauses when it comes to who knows about them and who doesn't and how the buying club gets to know about it.

So who's next on the list Will Hughes?

I would've had us down to be in for Van Ginkel, but he's just gone to Chelsea. Adam Maher and Dennis Praet are two "big name" young attacking midfielders, Praet we've been Twitter-linked to already obviously.

Markus Henriksen won the AZ Alkmaar player of the year award last season and although he has only been there for a year, he was really good at Rosenborg. 20 years old and can attack or defend, not really a number 10 but very talented. I doubt we will be in for him because of his contract having 4 years left still.

I know people are interested in young players btw so I just found this Sky Sports Scout thingy if anybody wants to read about him: http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/scout/15198/8076102/Sky-Sports-Scout-Markus-Henriksen.

Edited by samjp26

Don't think this one will happen now. Just can't see them being so vocal at their end if there was a release clause in his contract. Would love to be wrong but I doubt it. 

Just speculating here, but they really wouldn't go out and say there is a release clause, would they? I don't know how it works with release clauses when it comes to who knows about them and who doesn't and how the buying club gets to know about it.

I don't think they would publicise that there is a release clause. However, if there is a release clause in his contract, I find it unlikely that they would say... 

'We have informed Villa clearly that we have no interest in selling the player. Such inquiries flatter us, but Hiroshi is here to stay.'

That to me sounds like the player will be staying there and they are pretty sure of it. If there was a release clause, they surely couldn't be that firm?

However, I could be completely wrong :)

Where's Richard? :)

If there was a release clause I am pretty sure the players agent would be on the phone to us quick smart to let us know about it.

I think the idea that we've made a 10 million euro, which as been rejected, and they want it doubled, is also a mistranslation.

20 million euros for Nuremberg would be like us receiving £60m for Benteke. It's ridiculous.

I think the idea that we've made a 10 million euro, which as been rejected, and they want it doubled, is also a mistranslation.

20 million euros for Nuremberg would be like us receiving £60m for Benteke. It's ridiculous.

I think maybe its just a matter of being drastic as a means to put people off.

Matt Kendrick saying Villa have indeed made an enquiry, but not an offer, and have been rebuffed. Maybe a concrete offer will get it done.

Eh?

'We're interested in your player how much?'

'Go Away.'

'Okay heres a few mill.'

'Go away.'

'Would you like some concrete?'

'Eeerrrrr, go on then.'

Could work, maybe.  ;)

• Like 1

No I think it is a misunderstanding of what that translation is saying.

It says we were prepared to offer 10m euros but not even (this offer of adding) another 10m (to their coffers) would temp them to sell as they have already sold players this month and it is difficult to find quality replacements as Dortmund are finding out.

The story doesn't actually mention 20m anywhere.

Edited by LondonLax

No I think it is a misunderstanding of what that translation is saying.

It says we were prepared to offer 10m euros but not even (this offer of adding) another 10m (to their coffers) would temp them to sell as they have already sold players this month and it is difficult to find quality replacements as Dortmund are finding out.

The story doesn't actually mention 20m anywhere.

In that case I apologise, although I still can't see us going back in with anything much higher than what we've offered.

I would've had us down to be in for Van Ginkel, but he's just gone to Chelsea. Adam Maher and Dennis Praet are two "big name" young attacking midfielders, Praet we've been Twitter-linked to already obviously.

Markus Henriksen won the AZ Alkmaar player of the year award last season and although he has only been there for a year, he was really good at Rosenborg. 20 years old and can attack or defend, not really a number 10 but very talented. I doubt we will be in for him because of his contract having 4 years left still.

I know people are interested in young players btw so I just found this Sky Sports Scout thingy if anybody wants to read about him: http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/scout/15198/8076102/Sky-Sports-Scout-Markus-Henriksen.

I'm Norwegian and I have seen Henriksen a lot in the Norwegian Tippeliga as well as on the International stage. In my opinion he will never make it in the big leagues and I want us to stay away. Like so many Norwegian players, he is brought up with a defensive and tactical approach, thus he is too careful all the time and way to limited in terms of technical ability.

Henriksen came through when he was very young, like Per Ciljan Skjelbred and many others, but the problem is that they stay at the same ability and never see real progress. He is still very young but I have real doubt about how good he will become. Norwich got Alexander Tettey last season and he is way older, but I guess that is the level Henriksen will find himself at in a few years. On the plus side, he is 100% committed and would never turn into John-Arne Riise and Morten Gamst Pedersen in terms of buying flashy cars, clothes and watches, and then let it control his life. Both of those guys were affected by the glamour, Henriksen would always arrive first and depart last from training.

I don't think we've made an offer. I think we've enquired, they've told us 'We don't want to sell him', and then we'll go back in with a realistic offer, which will (hopefully) be accepted.

I reckon that's how the majority of our transfers have gone this summer. We just haven't heard about all of them through the press/ chairmen.

Pretty sure Maher has joined psv this week.