Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

i don't know who i would prefer out of De Jong and reo Coker, De Jong is meant to be a very good player, but so is Reo Coker, with premiership experience

I doubt De Jong would join us to play at Right back as well, who would want to leave a team who has played in europe at CM to join a mid table team and play at full back, hardly the most exciting prospect. I think the only way we would get him is by playing him at centre mid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know who i would prefer out of De Jong and reo Coker, De Jong is meant to be a very good player, but so is Reo Coker, with premiership experience

I expect that we will sign some European or South American players this summer, so in a straight choice between NRC and De Jong, I would prefer NRC. We need some "Premiership-ready" players signed this summer as well.

I must admit I've never seen de Jong play (that I can recall), I'd go as far as to suggest the vast majority on here haven't either.

I have never seen him play for Hamburg but I saw alot of him when he played for Ajax, and back then he was bloody awesome! When he played RB he wasn´t afraid at getting forward and he wasn´t afraid to get stuck in! Add to that he has a really good technique (spelling!?!?). At CM he is a real how do you say it - "ball player"? Great passer and as I recall it has a decent shot on him.

I must admit I've never seen de Jong play (that I can recall), I'd go as far as to suggest the vast majority on here haven't either.

I have never seen him play for Hamburg but I saw alot of him when he played for Ajax, and back then he was bloody awesome! When he played RB he wasn´t afraid at getting forward and he wasn´t afraid to get stuck in! Add to that he has a really good technique (spelling!?!?). At CM he is a real how do you say it - "ball player"? Great passer and as I recall it has a decent shot on him.

Now you mention it I do recall him playing for Ajax. Can't remember much though so thanks for the quick review :winkold:

going on nrc performance tonight id take a chance on de jong

For me he was probably the best of a bad bunch today. I cant believe how much the Czech team play acted. Obviously learning at a young age. Ridiculous.

going on nrc performance tonight id take a chance on de jong

For me he was probably the best of a bad bunch today. I cant believe how much the Czech team play acted. Obviously learning at a young age. Ridiculous.

milner looked good but yeah pretty average all round and lots of oscars for the czecs

Random thought.

You know what is mad about this thread? As soon as there is a genuinely concrete situation - ie Reo-Coker - it gets its own thread.

So, we are on 687 pages of essentially nothing, and will no doubt hit over a thousand, yet as soon as something ACTUALLY happens, it will go in its own thread and leave this back to talking about nothing.

Brilliant. :winkold:

Random thought.

You know what is mad about this thread? As soon as there is a genuinely concrete situation - ie Reo-Coker - it gets its own thread.

So, we are on 687 pages of essentially nothing, and will no doubt hit over a thousand, yet as soon as something ACTUALLY happens, it will go in its own thread and leave this back to talking about nothing.

Brilliant. :winkold:

And don't we just LOVE IT!!! 8)