Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

What are people's thoughts on Giuly at Barcelona? Apparently he is being let go... I've always liked him as a player....

for 1.5m i would carry him here!

imagine signing Tuncay and Giuly for a combined fee of 1.5m!!

or NRC,Tuncay and Giuly for a combined fee of 8.5m!!

feck me im salivating now!

ive a feeling that the 1.5m is quite a way off the real fee though

Sanil Tuncay is a sha target, they are leading the chase for him. Why would we want someone that is attracting attention from boro and sha? Surely if he was so great there would be bigger clubs in for him? :?

Well..you can put it like this...why wasnt the big clubs interested in Young, Carew and Maloney? And why did we buy them when we didnt have competition for their signings from the big clubs?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carew had been at big clubs and never laid down his marker - that's why another one didn't want to take a chance on him

Sanli Tuncay isn't as good as people make him out to be - he is a FM gem and that's why people big him up

tricella...

Joahan Elmander, your opinion? Seems like he is off to Italy, used to watch him on danish telly. Seems like a hungry player,not reaching his prime yet.

Well..you can put it like this...why wasnt the big clubs interested in Young, Carew and Maloney? And why did we buy them when we didnt have competition for their signings from the big clubs?

Tottenham are bigger than boro and sha, probably wham also and we beat them to Young. Werder Bremen were also in for Carew so we beat out a Champions League team there also. There WAS interest from big clubs in those players. FACT!

Carew had been at big clubs and never laid down his marker - that's why another one didn't want to take a chance on him

Sanli Tuncay isn't as good as people make him out to be - he is a FM gem and that's why people big him up

Exactly.

Exactly.

rubbish....

stop using the FM arguement......its getting really tedious...i dont even play on it

IMO on a free transfer Tuncay would be a fantastic prospect

and you cant rule out signing somebody based on which clubs are in for him.....thats bloody ridiculous

we wouldnt sign anybody if we were just after players who were wanted by the bigger clubs

And Werder Bremen does not want to sell Klose to Bayern Munich...rather see him go "overseas". Worth a shot?

Nope. He has said that he is moving to Munich. If Werder don't sell him, then he will wait one more year and go for free.

Tottenham are bigger than boro and sha, probably wham also and we beat them to Young. Werder Bremen were also in for Carew so we beat out a Champions League team there also. There WAS interest from big clubs in those players. FACT!

You know what I mean with big clubs and you know that I know what you meant by that too...so...do you know...there wasnt BIG clubs in for them...FACT!

You know what I mean with big clubs and you know that I know what you meant by that too...so...do you know...there wasnt BIG clubs in for them...FACT!

But there was i just pointed them out! You are confusing big clubs with huge clubs!

Tottenham are bigger than boro and sha, probably wham also and we beat them to Young.

i've heard this said a few times. but as yet i've seen NO evidence that Spurs put in a bid for him

That is because we priced them out of a move for Young, or should i say wham did by bidding the £9.65mil which we had to match.

See us linked with Curtis Davies from WBA today, would take him like a shot, think he is a good defender, and will only get better

Where is the link from?

Tottenham are bigger than boro and sha, probably wham also and we beat them to Young.

i've heard this said a few times. but as yet i've seen NO evidence that Spurs put in a bid for him

Spurs only had a passing interest i dont think they even put in a bid for him, as they already had Lennon and Routledge.

People like to bring it up to make themselves feel better :wink:

Spurs only had a passing interest i dont think they even put in a bid for him, as they already had Lennon and Routledge.

People like to bring it up to make themselves feel better :wink:

Watford manager Adrian Boothroyd has confirmed that the club have received six offers from rival Premiership clubs for in-demand winger Ashley Young.

Boothroyd would not reveal the identity of the suitors for the 21-year-old, who looks increasingly likely as if he may depart Vicarage Road this month.

Arsenal, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Everton, Tottenham, Newcastle and Sheffield United have all been linked to the England Under-21 forward - who will start Saturday's FA Cup third round clash with Stockport.

"Six clubs are now after Ashley, but Saturday's will not be his final game," Boothroyd insisted.

"All the clubs are in the Premiership. Everybody is interested in Ashley at the moment, and that is okay.

"He is a Watford player, and he is integral to what we want to do here.

"He is coping fine with the speculation. Until Ashley comes to me and tells me he wants to leave, he will remain a Watford player."

facts

While others know it to be the case.