Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

middlesvilla linked with tnucay today on a free....

he is immense! sign him up MON!!

there appears to be no noise from the villa even after fulhams bids for koumas and kamara....2 players MON wants aparently.....

im quite excited by this.....could it mean that MON has his sights higher after all? and never intended on competing for Koumas?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we sign torres,the top 4 would be very pissed because they have been tracking him for quite a while already and the only reason they haven't bid for him is because he has reiterated his desire to be loyal and stay at atletico.A move like that would make everyone sit up and take notice but the chances of him coming here are 0.000000000000000001% or less.It would also take a massive chunk,probly all, of our transfer budget.I would also think that Trezeguet is out of our league but then again,i would've never imagined carew would come to us.I really hope the board will surprise us like they did with carew.

His previous two transfer windows were impeccable. Even though he only had a fraction of the last summer window, he acted decisively with Petrov and tried to bag Milner as well. January was a perfect show. He (a) gets the right personel (B) makes sure that were not ripped off or seen as easy money and © will fork out once in a while as he knows you have to. We're in very good hands. 2 satisfying, well-worked windows to date and I'm confident that this one will eclipse the two of them.

there appears to be no noise from the villa even after fulhams bids for koumas and kamara....2 players MON wants aparently.....

When the hell were we linked with kamara, the bloke is rubbish!?

Things are moving. Be patient. You wont know until its done and neither will the press, but things ARE happening.

Now stop shaking like a bunch of shitting dogs and relax. You have nothing to worry about. Nothing.

middlesvilla linked with tnucay today on a free....

he is immense! sign him up MON!!

im quite excited by this.....could it mean that MON has his sights higher after all? and never intended on competing for Koumas?

Of course he has his sights higher.He has his eyes on Sneijder :wink:

When the hell were we linked with kamara, the bloke is rubbish!?

yeh we were....over a month ago now, there were a couple of matches left in the championship and we were linked with a 6 million bid. not heard any links for a while now though

Things are moving. Be patient. You wont know until its done and neither will the press, but things ARE happening.

Just out of interest do you actually know that? Or is it an assumption?

I'm sure you right but you dont know that we have 10players lined up or 0 players, for all we know Villa could have hit a brick wall with signing anyone!

from the well known Almanac that is www.football-rumours.com:

"Aston Villa are planning 10.5m bid for French star David Trezeguet.

(j#m)"

isn't he like nearly 30?

anyway probably bull s*#?t :!:

Hilarious website.They also claim Nugent might come.Not sure I'd like him tbh especially after his england U-21performaces.

What are people's thoughts on Giuly at Barcelona? Apparently he is being let go... I've always liked him as a player....

for 1.5m i would carry him here!

imagine signing Tuncay and Giuly for a combined fee of 1.5m!!

or NRC,Tuncay and Giuly for a combined fee of 8.5m!!

feck me im salivating now!

ive a feeling that the 1.5m is quite a way off the real fee though

If we sign torres,the top 4 would be very pissed because they have been tracking him for quite a while already and the only reason they haven't bid for him is because he has reiterated his desire to be loyal and stay at atletico.A move like that would make everyone sit up and take notice but the chances of him coming here are 0.000000000000000001% or less.It would also take a massive chunk,probly all, of our transfer budget.I would also think that Trezeguet is out of our league but then again,i would've never imagined carew would come to us.I really hope the board will surprise us like they did with carew.

Fernando Torres is a huge talent, a huge name and he is like 22. Always played in the same team, which have never been in title contention, can probably pick the club he wants to join, except Real Madrid of course who wants no business with Atl. Madrid. John Carew on the other hand has no proven goalscoring record, he has a history of injuries and his career is on the downer as he stepped down from a Champions League team to a mid-table Premiership club, it also didn't seem like many clubs, if any, were interested. I know you are not saying these are similar types of deals but in my eyes they are lightyears away :)

John Carew ...................... his career is on the downer as he stepped down from a Champions League team to a mid-table Premiership club

Or he took a step up from the French League to the Premier League!

Fernando Torres is a huge talent, a huge name and he is like 22. Always played in the same team, which have never been in title contention, can probably pick the club he wants to join, except Real Madrid of course who wants no business with Atl. Madrid. John Carew on the other hand has no proven goalscoring record, he has a history of injuries and his career is on the downer as he stepped down from a Champions League team to a mid-table Premiership club, it also didn't seem like many clubs, if any, were interested. I know you are not saying these are similar types of deals but in my eyes they are lightyears away :)

I agree that they are lightyears away and that's why i said our chances of signing him are miniscule.I also think that trezeguet is a level higher than carew.I used carew as a base case because he is the best european former champs league player that we have.

Hey Rocafella....that is not true about Carew. He has a great reputation amongst european players, managers, had his ups and downs, mostly due to injuries. He has been in the spotlight for years, played (and scored on a penalty) in a Champions League final etc etc. Its typical for us norwegians to be critizising our own players, to a low point! He is quality. But not a notorious goalscorer.

Also...i think we should have a go at Trezeguet. Give him the wages, this is problaby his last chance to play in the Premiership...

And Werder Bremen does not want to sell Klose to Bayern Munich...rather see him go "overseas". Worth a shot?

What are people's thoughts on Giuly at Barcelona? Apparently he is being let go... I've always liked him as a player....

for 1.5m i would carry him here!

imagine signing Tuncay and Giuly for a combined fee of 1.5m!!

or NRC,Tuncay and Giuly for a combined fee of 8.5m!!

feck me im salivating now!

ive a feeling that the 1.5m is quite a way off the real fee though

Sanil Tuncay is a sha target, they are leading the chase for him. Why would we want someone that is attracting attention from boro and sha? Surely if he was so great there would be bigger clubs in for him? :?

Torres is one of europes finest attackers and he is a very good personality too. He has stayed loyal to his club Atletico Madrid because it is the club in his heart. If he was to leave for another club it would be outside Spain...I´m quite certain about that.

Torres has all the good attributes for an attacker and is very high skilled. The only reason why he isnt with a bigger club is because of his love to Atletico Madrid.