Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Well still no signings, not even any silly rumours or sitings, I just love the thought of Defoe at Hoar Cross (he must be like the Major in Fawlty Towers) and as for Bent he must be trollied and nearing liver failure in that bar in Mere Green.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Booooooooooring!!! Why do Villa fans always have to wait so long time for something to happen? It is frustrating and irritating! Its getting on my nerves that Villa hasnt anyone lined up or hasnt announced anyone...boring boring boring!

I longed for Villa to be the talk of this summer transfer market because of signings made, but it doesnt really looks like that. I know there is a lot of time left but it is nevertheless frustrating.

Booooooooooring!!! Why do Villa fans always have to wait so long time for something to happen? It is frustrating and irritating! Its getting on my nerves that Villa hasnt anyone lined up or hasnt announced anyone...boring boring boring!

I longed for Villa to be the talk of this summer transfer market because of signings made, but it doesnt really looks like that. I know there is a lot of time left but it is nevertheless frustrating.

I agree, but that's life.

I'd be more interested to see us go in for Guily, I'm sure we can fend off Spurs

I would say that spurs are a much more attractive club for a player to join than villa at the moment.

Jesus wept!!! :roll:

for the sake of everyone's sanity just go back to page 468 and relive the entire "Spurs better than Villa" debate and save us all from the horror....................

I'd be more interested to see us go in for Guily, I'm sure we can fend off Spurs

I would say that spurs are a much more attractive club for a player to join than villa at the moment.

:roll:

On the grounds that they have the ugliest manager?

Thats life, even when Doug was feeding Baggie Bill rumours it was never easy and quick for Villa to sign anyone!

from the well known Almanac that is www.football-rumours.com:

"Aston Villa are planning 10.5m bid for French star David Trezeguet.

(j#m)"

isn't he like nearly 30?

anyway probably bull s*#?t :!:

I'd be more interested to see us go in for Guily, I'm sure we can fend off Spurs and Newcastle.

Cracking little player. I get the impression he is a big time european football wanting charlie though.

Also a London wanting player :wink:

I suggested him about a month ago and was ironically laughed at but how about Torres...

BIG FOUR TO SCRAMBLE FOR TORRES

Atletico Madrid will reportedly confirm next week that striker Fernando Torres is up for sale.

The news is set to spark a transfer scramble with the Premiership's 'big four' all previously linked with the Spanish international over the past season.

Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal would be forced to offer at least £15million for Torres' services while the Daily Mirror also believes Tottenham, West Ham and Newcastle have the funds to mount rival bids.

The 23-year-old has scored 82 goals in 212 league appearance for Atletico while is record for Spain is 14 in 42 games.

His club's failure to earn a UEFA Cup slot this season means they are expecting to lose their star forward and the Premiership is the most likely destination.

Clicky

Why not? We have a good training ground, the best!

Can you guys on VT please calm me down , as i am a little jittery (only 30 years old!)...I need some positive news on the signing front.

everyone else seems to be putting in their bids whilst Villa are in the background.......

Think we need to make a big splash sooner rather than later or risk losing out on the majority of targets MON has in mind. We can't keep waiting forever....I see Small heath are after Tuncay on a free.....would be a good signing and now Fulham have put in a double bid for Koumas and Kamara.

This may force our hand...if indeed we are interested in Koumas.

And we need to make sure NRC is signed and sealed as soon as we can after the U21's or during if possible to stop others from hijacking it.

Thanks

RandyLion

:(

I always have my doubts about signing so-called quality players from Spain. Torres IMO is vastly over rated. Good player, but over rated.

Torres is a stunning finisher, if Man Yoooo sign him they will win the league again next year.

Thats life, even when Doug was feeding Baggie Bill rumours it was never easy and quick for Villa to sign anyone!

Not true tricella. Remember that DOL signed Phillips, Berger, Taylor and Hughes before by July 5th 2005.

That event alone is a good advertisement for the policy of taking one's time and getting it right IMHO.

I was in the 'we are not signing anyone' camp back in January, yet was more than happy with what we ended up with.

So I think patience is the name of the game here.

i hope your right mate,im starting to get kinda pi..ed of waiting :cry:

I always have my doubts about signing so-called quality players from Spain. Torres IMO is vastly over rated. Good player, but over rated.

He's seems to have stopped developing as a player - 2 seasons ago he was a stunning prospect but he appears to have stalled somewhat.

He needs to move on I think, a fresh club and a fresh manager is required to bring the best out him - somebody with a reputation for developing potential.

Whilst I'd love him to come to Villa I think he'll end up at Arsenal being tutored by Wenger after Henry has buggered off to Barca.

Maybe, after a little transfer merry-go-round we'll end up with Eto?????