Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I've been away and don't fancy reading 50 pages of banter. So apart from this Hugo guy, who else have we been linked with over the past 5 days?

Honestly mate, you haven't missed a thing.

Everything is very, very quiet.

I thought that everyone could the swedish language?!? :shock: :lol:

Profile on Yahoo Sports:

Hugo Profile

On the swedish link it only says that the youngsters display saved OGC Nice and that he was brilliant. He seems to be one of the most promising young goalkeepers in France and he is destined for a bigger club next season.

So apart from this Hugo guy, who else have we been linked with over the past 5 days?

Ronaldinho joined the club, but then he released where we were situated, so he joined Everton instead. Something about his Missus throwing away his dinner.

Everybody thought Kaka was set to join, but he went to Schalke.

Nesta had his heart set on a move to Villa, but after reading through Jez's posts, he was persuaded that Spurs were the better option.

i wonder if we're in for Tuncay, but its just being kept under wraps?

O'Neill might not fancy him, but he must be a pretty good free transfer to have

i'd be suprised if he went to Blues, and i wouldn' t like to see him at Boro

he's apparently been quoted as saying this

"All players aspire to play in big clubs such as Chelsea or Manchester as well as other big clubs in Spain or Italy," he told NTV.

"I am of the opinion that it is very tough for a player to be part of the starting line-up in those clubs and I would rather play for a team that I know will give me the chance to start."

i've never seen him play, but everyone seems to have an opinion on how hes a very good player, so i hope we don't miss the boat here

Hugo Lloris, that's nice!

Pun intended?since he plays for Nice and all.Maybe MON has been priced out of a move for Gordon and he doesn't want to raid celtic anymore so no boruc so instead he's going for lloris?Bloody hell,where's the guy who said he works in a football agency,he sounded like he had loads of inside info.I hope he returns soon with more infoP.s: he also said we were tryng to bring someone in from france during his last post.

Pun intended?since he plays for Nice and all.Maybe MON has been priced out of a move for Gordon and he doesn't want to raid celtic anymore so no boruc so instead he's going for lloris?Bloody hell,where's the guy who said he works in a football agency,he sounded like he had loads of inside info.I hope he returns soon with more infoP.s: he also said we were tryng to bring someone in from france during his last post.

The goalie is 20 years old and one of the most promising youngsters in France. Might be a good deal on here...

news that Bayern Munich are releasing Roy Makaay + Santa Cruz. They are supposed to buy Klose and already have bought Luca Toni of course. Makaay is not that old is he..?? And still could do a job i figure. Classic goalscorer. Could go for a bargain price as well because of his age.

Yeah pun intended as i have no idea who he is!

i wonder if we're in for Tuncay, but its just being kept under wraps?

O'Neill might not fancy him, but he must be a pretty good free transfer to have

i'd be suprised if he went to Blues, and i wouldn' t like to see him at Boro

he's apparently been quoted as saying this

"All players aspire to play in big clubs such as Chelsea or Manchester as well as other big clubs in Spain or Italy," he told NTV.

"I am of the opinion that it is very tough for a player to be part of the starting line-up in those clubs and I would rather play for a team that I know will give me the chance to start."

i've never seen him play, but everyone seems to have an opinion on how hes a very good player, so i hope we don't miss the boat here

We aren't linked to the guy at all so i don't think we're in for him.He was great in FM though :lol:

news that Bayern Munich are releasing Roy Makaay + Santa Cruz. They are supposed to buy Klose and already have bought Luca Toni of course. Makaay is not that old is he..?? And still could do a job i figure. Classic goalscorer. Could go for a bargain price as well because of his age.

Makaay is 32 yo (born march 1975) and Santa Cruz 25 yo (august 1981). Santa Cruz is a very good header but I dont know how his form is today...its been a while since I saw him the last time. Makaay scored 16 goals (33 app) in Bundesliga last season, Santa Cruz only 2 goals in 26 appearences.

I'd go for either of them.Santa cruz is young but his goalscoring record isn't too great but he looks good when he plays for paraguay.Makaay on the other hand has a good scoring record but is already 32.Could still do a job.

I'd go for either of them.Santa cruz is young but his goalscoring record isn't too great but he looks good when he plays for paraguay.Makaay on the other hand has a good scoring record but is already 32.Could still do a job.

They wont come cheap in wages and for Makaay I think it is bad business even though he still scores a lot. We should bring in a younger striker and stop there because we have both Agbonlahor and Moore to bring goals.

Few years ago, Makaay was unstoppable, I havn't seen him seince then, when he was on fire in Europe, could be a good player to have, but I dont want him coming in on double what everyone else in the whole squad is.

Re: Hugo the goalie - I love getting linked to these unknowns, especially out of the blue, its so refreshing from all the Barton Parker SWP NRC lark.

Guys, I've been away and don't fancy reading 50 pages of banter. So apart from this Hugo guy, who else have we been linked with over the past 5 days?

Honestly mate, you haven't missed a thing.

Everything is very, very quiet.

Hopefully the calm before the storm. Cheers for the reply.

I think that MON and Villa are trying to finalise a couple of deals behind closed doors and soon enough we'l hear about a couple of new, good/great signings all at the same time. We'll explode on the transfer market for about a week and then we're done. I really think that. I think that's how the new board and MON wants to work.