Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I think most of us are tired of that ransoma argument now, if thats the case don't publically state that we are going to sign "top class" unless of course you think it may boost a few ticket sales by telling the odd porky pie

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most of us are tired of that ransoma argument now, if thats the case don't publically state that we are going to sign "top class" unless of course you think it may boost a few ticket sales by telling the odd porky pie

CHILL EVERYONE!! MON has publicly come out and reassured us that the club are making every attempt to improve the squad We weren't dissappointed in January with Carew, Young & Maloney. They've all played for their respective countries this week

scored or given MOTM performances.

If it hadn't of been for Fat Freddy we'd have signed Milner last August as well

This is not the old regime we're dealing with!

We were told in january that it was harder to find good signings then than during the summer and we got Carew, Young and Maloney. Even if it's still hard competition for players I think we'll be pleasantly surprised this summer.

lol at the above

I'm thinking of lobbying the European Court of Justice to get an injunction issued against tottenham to stop them buying players. We can claim they are monopolising players under the Treaty of Amsterdam (i think)

Sam Allardyce wants Michael Owen out....at least that is what I think when I look at the reason to why he goes out in the press talking about that Michael Owen has a clause of approx £10m that could force them to sell him. I always think that Sam is a very smart business man and I do think he wants someone to trigger that clause...its just a feeling I got. In any other case it seems very strange by him to go out and show the world there is a sell clause in his contract. If he wanted to keep Owen he could easily say to him.."Ok...I offer you a new improved contract in a few days that I hope you´ll sign" and then he either take away the clause or ups it to a level where there are very few that would consider bidding.

MON could do good business here...Michael Owen is quality and he would be a very good asset for the club, especially as it looks like we might not be interested or can get Bent. Defoe has been rumoured, but it seems like a paper thing at the moment. £10m for Owen is a good price...

Big Sam admits Owen fears

I agree about Owen.

It'd be good for Moore and Gabby in the striker role too, someone to learn from and lots of first team opportunities when he gets injured. :)

But when he is fit, the man's a genius.

Never rated Owen that much, disappointed he is a stick on starter for England despite doing what at real madrid or newcastle?

Players like him go by reputation, how many can walk back into an england squad like that, despite not doing anything?

Never rated Owen that much, disappointed he is a stick on starter for England despite doing what at real madrid or newcastle?

Players like him go by reputation, how many can walk back into an england squad like that, despite not doing anything?

McClaren? :winkold:

I think you are a little bit hard on Owen. I understand what you mean but still...he is a very skilled attacker. He has had a couple of seasons now that hasnt made him or anyone else especially happy...but then again...injuries can halt anyone in development and self confidence. If he can get a full pre season and feel strong to start the season he will surely be one of the best. He has that within him.

It depends which Owen you get. One who wants to play, has a point to prove and prepared to work hard. Or an Owen still hankering after a big team whilst we pay his wages. If it was the first and he could stay injury free, he would be a revelation for Villa. Just can’t see it happening, however much charm MON applies.

if villa was the only option for owen this summer....he would stay at newcastle im sure....

hes waiting for the big 4 to make a move...

there would be no point in him moving from newcastle to villa...when he has every reason to believe that newcastle could finish above us next season...

Never been a massive Owen fan, but when he did play for Real Madrid and Newcastle he has been inspirational to both teams. The reason why he didn't play at Real Madrid was because of the Raul/Ronaldo love affair. The reason he hasn't played for Newcastle is becuase of injuries.

I think however our money can be better spent elsewhere, like someone to compete with Carew rather than Gabby/Moore/Maloney/Young.

Never been a massive Owen fan, but when he did play for Real Madrid and Newcastle he has been inspirational to both teams. The reason why he didn't play at Real Madrid was because of the Raul/Ronaldo love affair. The reason he hasn't played for Newcastle is becuase of injuries.

I think however our money can be better spent elsewhere, like someone to compete with Carew rather than Gabby/Moore/Maloney/Young.

I only see Gabby and Moore as strikers whereas Maloney and Young can play that role I do think they are better suited to play midfield.

The strikers we now have is Carew, Agbonlahor, Moore. There is definitely place for either Owen or Defoe, maybe both.

ive got to say sometimes some of the things i read on here are outrageous how can he walk back into the england squad?perhaps because he is englands highest scorer in competitive games?did you ever see him play at real madrid his record was good despite coming off the bench a lot of the time.He was potent in the game against barca at the nou camp.

How can you not rate owen for christ sake have you just got into football last season? he has been the best english striker for many many years now and he still is given a run of games.

ive got to say sometimes some of the things i read on here are outrageous how can he walk back into the england squad?perhaps because he is englands highest scorer in competitive games?did you ever see him play at real madrid his record was good despite coming off the bench a lot of the time.He was potent in the game against barca at the nou camp.

How can you not rate owen for christ sake have you just got into football last season? he has been the best english striker for many many years now and he still is given a run of games.

Must be a joke? hasn't Owen scored something like 7 goals in 12 starts for Newcastle? QUALITY!!

I only see Gabby and Moore as strikers whereas Maloney and Young can play that role I do think they are better suited to play midfield.

The strikers we now have is Carew, Agbonlahor, Moore. There is definitely place for either Owen or Defoe, maybe both.

I agree that Maloney and Young are better suited to the midfield, however they can play up front but they provide the same style as Gabby and Moore rather than Carew. Owen and Defoe also fit this mould and TBH, we don't need any more that can play the fast striker role.

I'd take Owen with a snap if we got the chance. when fit he's one of the best strikers in the world. As someone said, even from the bench at Real Madrid he was putting the goals away. Think he had the best ratio when he played for them. At £9-10m a bargain. And a high profile player that would show the world we are on the up.