Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get back in your boxes everyone.

Owen wouldn't sign for Villa now.

In a few years or so if we have PROGRESSED,maybe then we could band around players names of his quality and profile.

If only we hadn't lost TWO keepers for a couple of months last season.......

UEFA football would have improved our options.

Never rated Owen that much, disappointed he is a stick on starter for England despite doing what at real madrid or newcastle?

Players like him go by reputation, how many can walk back into an england squad like that, despite not doing anything?

ive got to say sometimes some of the things i read on here are outrageous how can he walk back into the england squad?perhaps because he is englands highest scorer in competitive games?did you ever see him play at real madrid his record was good despite coming off the bench a lot of the time.He was potent in the game against barca at the nou camp.

How can you not rate owen for christ sake have you just got into football last season? he has been the best english striker for many many years now and he still is given a run of games.

Yes thats right, I just heard about this football thing last season........if that was the case I wouldnt know who Owen **** was seeing as he hasn't done anything in that time, which is exactly my point.

He could do it once he HASN'T done it since but still walks into the England team. On top of that people on VILLATALK are debating him being a good signing despite no link or rumour whatsoever, not bad really

i agree Owen would never sign for us, unfortunately.

however, if he did I would welcome the signing with open arms as he is a true professional and an exceptional player. He goals-to-game ratio is as good as any striker in the world and even 80% from his best still managed to bag a goal in the last england game. Certain people have started to question hiom because he's been injured for so long, but we all know a 100% on form fit Owen is the 1st choice for any England or prem team and would slot right into ANY decent team around the world....FACT!

I think that Sam will go for Kevin Nolan that has been outstanding for him at Bolton. He will have to sarcifice someone and I think it is Owen. He will keep Martins, Ameobi and Viduka (of course).

If we are to take that extra step and buy top class...then Michael Owen is the kind of players we should look for. He is within range for the new Villa too.

Maybe Sam knows that there soon will be a bid for Owen and now he goes out telling everyone he has a clause...that might trigger a bidding war instead of having to sell for £9-10m for the first club that comes along. As I said...I see Sam as a very smart business man.

Afraid to say, even when fit, Owen is not the player he once was, and never will be again. From the age of abiut 18 to 23/24 he was incredible. Believe me that player has died. He's lost all his pace, and as a player who contributes NOTHING but goals, you have to finish 100% of chances; Owen has never and will never do that.

When he was younger he could also create goals for himself, can't do that anymore as he's got no skill ( never did have) or pace (used to have that and steam past people). Dont want him at all.

Stop talking about Owen, what is it with everyone on here having random rants about random players. People talk mor about people we are in no way linked to than ones that we are linked to. I don't wanna hear that its a suggestions thread either!

Stop talking about Owen, what is it with everyone on here having random rants about random players. People talk mor about people we are in no way linked to than ones that we are linked to. I don't wanna hear that its a suggestions thread either!

Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions.

God 2 pages on Owen who wouldn't sign for us anyway, he only plays for the Barcodes because they pay him 90grand + a week.

He has not proven his fitness yet and would be abit of a gamble.

God 2 pages on Owen who wouldn't sign for us anyway, he only plays for the Barcodes because they pay him 90grand + a week.

He has not proven his fitness yet and would be abit of a gamble.

What wages do you think we are going to pay in a near future? The policy of wages made by Ellis is history...and they should be. If we want europe we have to pay for it too...

Whats happened to the goalkeeper and centre half positions ? - we need cover for laursen - in case he gets injured again - looks like ridge and davis will depart before long ......Sol Campbel anyone ?
not really one fore the future. solid player though

If Sneijder had his choice of club- Spurs- London, Dutch Manager, Edgar Davids, or Villa- Brum and great possibility, my guess is he'll choose Spurs. London clubs with money will always have a slight edge over us in the market, just based on geography. That's why I'm pissed West Ham stayed up, because they have money and London to offer, we have Spaghetti Junction.

Edgar Davids? :? what has he got to do with Spurs? - he plays for Ajax

Oh, sorry, friend, I thought he was still with Spurs. But, to answer your question, a player like Davids, a Dutch legend, certainly has done more for Tottenham's profile in Holland than anything Villa have done recently. What did you think of my other points? Or did you just want to get that zinger in there?