Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Dont know what it is but I think David Nugent will sign for us this summer...dont get me wrong, he aint the finished article, and will cost us, but i think he is the MON mould (young, hungry, big potential) and think, in time would be a real talent.

Also just watching SSN and he said he is willing to listen to any offer from a Prem club, so you never know.. I'm sure the likes of Everton and Spurs(:() will be linked in the paper for him but think we could get him as he knows so many Villa player from the England set up.

If that did happen we would have a big chunk of the U-21 starting 11..bet Pearce would love that!!!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Sneijder had his choice of club- Spurs- London, Dutch Manager, Edgar Davids, or Villa- Brum and great possibility, my guess is he'll choose Spurs. London clubs with money will always have a slight edge over us in the market, just based on geography. That's why I'm pissed West Ham stayed up, because they have money and London to offer, we have Spaghetti Junction.

Edgar Davids? :? what has he got to do with Spurs? - he plays for Ajax

Dont know what it is but I think David Nugent will sign for us this summer...dont get me wrong, he aint the finished article, and will cost us, but i think he is the MON mould (young, hungry, big potential) and think, in time would be a real talent.

Also just watching SSN and he said he is willing to listen to any offer from a Prem club, so you never know.. I'm sure the likes of Everton and Spurs(:() will be linked in the paper for him but think we could get him as he knows so many Villa player from the England set up.

If that did happen we would have a big chunk of the U-21 starting 11..bet Pearce would love that!!!

PNE fan I know say he's off to Everton but Sunderland are sniffing around as well!

He missed loads of easy chances for U21s the other night! Be interesting to see what sort

of tournament he has!

However, I am quite certain our men are struggling a bit with the transfers because we are in need of so many players and no-one has been brought in.

That is a major assumption Roca, this is not Doug Randy doesn't like leaking stories to Baggie Bill.

We might have deals lined up just not announced, for example NRC because he is away, Defoe because he is in Spain doing some addidas training camp or waiting for Spurs to sign Bent etc etc etc.

Nothing has to be announced until well whenever the clubs see fit, doesn't mean nothing is happening or has happened!

It is blumin frustrating though.....

Yeah of course I am just thinking out loud but I wouldn't be surprised if they struggled a bit this time around. It's better to get over with it, looking at every aspect. You want the players soon so they can adapt quickly and enjoy their summer vacation further, you want the fans to be happy so we don't start bitching about it and you want to keep other clubs away from the players. Look at United, three targets, blitzkrieg and they are signed. I am so much looking forward to seeing the players holding the new kit inside Villa Park though, it's gonna be great.

If Sneijder had his choice of club- Spurs- London, Dutch Manager, Edgar Davids, or Villa- Brum and great possibility, my guess is he'll choose Spurs. London clubs with money will always have a slight edge over us in the market, just based on geography. That's why I'm pissed West Ham stayed up, because they have money and London to offer, we have Spaghetti Junction.

And why not mention Bouma who's dutch and plays for Villa? Davids in Ajax can be both good and bad for Spurs. Either he'll tell Sneijder that they're a bunch of idiots in that club, or he'll tell him it's a great place and club to be. If he goes to them you'll surely read how Davids praised them. I think they're a disgrace.

And why not mention Bouma who's dutch and plays for Villa? Davids in Ajax can be both good and bad for Spurs. Either he'll tell Sneijder that they're a bunch of idiots in that club, or he'll tell him it's a great place and club to be. If he goes to them you'll surely read how Davids praised them. I think they're a disgrace.

I got the impression that Davids regretted signing for Spurs (apart from the money) and in contrast Bouma loves being at Villa, so we should be ahead when it comes to player references.

Don't you guys EVER get bored of all these arguments for which there are no proof? There's going to be no winner because people's minds won't be changed one way or another.

We can't prove who MON has or hasn't tried to sign so just forget about it.

Get back on topic or it gets locked until you've taken a chill pill.

Aston Villa are to beat Everton to the signature of West Brom midfielder Jason Koumas.

West Ham are demanding £10million for wantaway skipper Nigel Reo-Coker, although Aston Villa are only prepared to pay £7m.

Just read NOTW also and they say we are interested in Lahm!

just for once, why can't it be us hijacking a bid from someone like fulham or, or Scunthorpe and pissing them off for a change

Last one I seem to remember was Hassan Kachloul - stole him at the eleventh hour before he signed for Ipswich(?) - and look how well that turned out!

just for once, why can't it be us hijacking a bid from someone like fulham or, or Scunthorpe and pissing them off for a change

Last one I seem to remember was Hassan Kachloul - stole him at the eleventh hour before he signed for Ipswich(?) - and look how well that turned out!

I believe when we signed Michael Boulding from Grimsby, we beat both Exeter City and Cannock Town to his signature.

I believe when we signed Michael Boulding from Grimsby, we beat both Exeter City and Cannock Town to his signature.

:crylaugh:

However, I am quite certain our men are struggling a bit with the transfers because we are in need of so many players and no-one has been brought in.

That is a major assumption Roca, this is not Doug Randy doesn't like leaking stories to Baggie Bill.

We might have deals lined up just not announced, for example NRC because he is away, Defoe because he is in Spain doing some addidas training camp or waiting for Spurs to sign Bent etc etc etc.

Nothing has to be announced until well whenever the clubs see fit, doesn't mean nothing is happening or has happened!

It is blumin frustrating though.....

Yeah of course I am just thinking out loud but I wouldn't be surprised if they struggled a bit this time around. It's better to get over with it, looking at every aspect. You want the players soon so they can adapt quickly and enjoy their summer vacation further, you want the fans to be happy so we don't start bitching about it and you want to keep other clubs away from the players. Look at United, three targets, blitzkrieg and they are signed. I am so much looking forward to seeing the players holding the new kit inside Villa Park though, it's gonna be great.

We're clearly in a better position now than we have been in recent years, and it's got to be an attractive proposition for the players we're after. I don't think it's problems we're facing. Deals can take a long time to arrange, especially when you're after players of higher quality, meaning their clubs want to keep hold of them. This isn't the case with the Spam, but he's on the other side of Europe.

We have such a sales pitch for up and coming players. There's stacks of opportunity to make a difference in a team that's a sleeping giant. And, I'm sure most players respect MON - he's like a younger Fergie.