Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep sorry you're correct... still think he is completely unproven at Premiership level...

Although I think he is a good player and has the potential to be excellent, he still hasn't played that many top flight games. I would be nervous paying alot of money for him given that he has been injured for a long time and so whether he is the player he was before may be in some doubt. I doubt he would be prepared to be a squad player either so I think Nugent may be a better bet!

I would bet money mon was there to watch milner last night,I wouldn`t be suprised if we went back in for him.

I think that's the most likely scenario.

Its a Monday night. Its the only game on. Its an hours drive from his home. MON decides to take in a game. Probably nothing more than that.

Its a Monday night. Its the only game on. Its an hours drive from his home. MON decides to take in a game. Probably nothing more than that.

Also possible.

But it stands to reason that he would be more interested in watching some players more closely than others.

Sheffield United have joined Wigan and Aston Villa in the race to sign Hull City goalkeeper Boaz Myhill. (Daily Star)

http://tinyurl.com/cyuz

Well I suppose we could look at it as having been an extended loan deal. Anybody know how much we sold him for in the first place?

I hope it doesn't happen as I support Hull as well and he's too important to let go but he's not even half as good as Sorensen, his kicking is woeful.

In Midfield I can see Milner(5.5m), Sidwell(free) and Reo-coker (4.5m) coming in with hendrie, berger, DJx2 (all free) McCann (2.5m) and Davis (3.5m) leaving!

In Goal/ Defence I can see Boruc (5m), L.Young (4m), and Distan (free) or Ferdinand (4.5m) coming in with Samuel, and Bardsley (both free) and Sorenson (2.5m) and Hughes (1m) leaving. Might also be in for a left back if Bridge or Baines become available.

In Attack I can see one player coming in out of four, and in order of my preference they are 1. Bent (15m), 2. Ashton (9m), 3. Defoe (12m), 4. Bellamy (8m). Sutton on his way!

Boruc/ Taylor

L. Young/ Delaney

Bouma/ (Distan or Barry as cover)

Laursen/Cahill

Mellberg/Distan/Ridgwell

A.Young/ Milner

Barry/ Maloney

Petrov/Sidwell

Reo-Coker/ Gardner/ Osbourne

Carew/ Moore

Bent/ Agbonlahor

Been linked to some Portugese left back.

Here:

link

Pacos de Ferreira left-back Antunes is creating a buzz all over Europe with a host of clubs from the Old Continent taking a strong interest in the young Portuguese defender.

The latest clubs to have had their heads turned by the 20-year-old are Aston Villa and Auxerre. Scouts from both clubs were spotted taking in Pacos’ game against Uniao de Leiria on Friday.

Not only were representatives from the English and French clubs present, but emissaries from Celta de Vigo and Salamanca were also in the stands watching the game.

The Spanish clubs have gone one step further than their European counterparts as they were spotted speaking to the Portuguese under-21 international’s agent, Amaro Valente. Another La Liga side, Atletico Madrid, have also asked for information about the player.

It will be interesting this summer to see where the former Freamunde player ends up as Benfica, FC Porto and Anderlecht all showed interest long before any of the other clubs mentioned above entered into the fray.

In other club news, AEK Athens are rumoured to be taking a good look at central defender, Luiz Carlos, and goalkeeper, Pecanha. Contact has been established as regards Pecanha and it may be just a matter of time before a deal is thrashed out.

This would not be the first time that the Greek side would be dipping into the Portuguese market, as they secured Manduca from Benfica last summer on a loan, and are looking to sign him permanently at the end of the season.

In Midfield I can see Milner(5.5m), Sidwell(free) and Reo-coker (4.5m) coming in with hendrie, berger, DJx2 (all free) McCann (2.5m) and Davis (3.5m) leaving!

In Goal/ Defence I can see Boruc (5m), L.Young (4m), and Distan (free) or Ferdinand (4.5m) coming in with Samuel, and Bardsley (both free) and Sorenson (2.5m) and Hughes (1m) leaving. Might also be in for a left back if Bridge or Baines become available.

In Attack I can see one player coming in out of four, and in order of my preference they are 1. Bent (15m), 2. Ashton (9m), 3. Defoe (12m), 4. Bellamy (8m). Sutton on his way!

Should have gone to specsavers.