Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been thinking about it - does anyone know why Sidwell wasn't playing? injured? Suspended? Or is it 'mysterious - ie, he's off to Newcastle in the summer?

Only caught a few comments on R5, but they suggested it was linked to him having decided he would leave in the summer, and the manager wanting to give a game to some other players as a result. Sounded a reasonable suggestion.

Bit frustrating if you've turned up to watch him, though.

Been thinking about it - does anyone know why Sidwell wasn't playing? injured? Suspended? Or is it 'mysterious - ie, he's off to Newcastle in the summer?

I think it could possibly have been Milner - I think MON would still like a right winger.

The above comments cover the Milner question, but do you think he was there for more than just Milner?

I'm not saying I want these players, or that we have a chance at them but:

Dyer (did he play? My Sopcast was too fuzzy)

Owen???

I would love to think he was there for Shorey!!!

He was also sat next to Venables, having a joke and a laugh they were, though not about GB one hopes. More likely about Steve McClaren!

EDIT: I struggled for names as neither team oozes much quality, especially the Barcodes and their back flaw!

Reading are one of them clubs. They play well as a team, but you wouldn't really want any of their players as individuals. (Apart from Sidwell)

Now Newcastle have a few players worth having, just a question of availability....

I think Doyle could play at most clubs and Shorey is one of the better left backs in the Premiership, other than them and Sidwell I agree. Coppell is the manager of the year.

Has anyone mentioned Lucas Neill if the Hammers go down? Might be a reasonable bet at right back if Bardsley went back to Manure.

Sorry if someone has mentioned him before.

Has anyone mentioned Lucas Neill if the Hammers go down? Might be a reasonable bet at right back if Bardsley went back to Manure.

Sorry if someone has mentioned him before.

I was thinking that the other day, but he would have to take a dramatic pay cut.

Dean Ashton? Cover? We're not Real Madrid.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

What a pair of frankly ridicules comments.. he has played 16 games in the Premiership, completely and totally unproven at this level... Good player, yes, but lets no go overboard with the superlatives, it's embarrassing!!

Dean Ashton? Cover? We're not Real Madrid.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

What a pair of frankly ridicules comments.. he has played 16 games in the Premiership, completely and totally unproven at this level... Good player, yes, but lets no go overboard with the superlatives, it's embarrassing!!

You seem to be forgetting his premier league appearences with Norwich. He's actually played 32 games in the top flight and has not only scored goals but his all round game has been great. Also bear in mind that this was playing for Norwich and West ham.

West ham paid £7.25m for him and it will take that amount to get him at least. At he time of his injury he was just about about to lead the line for england so i think the two comments are justified - you dont seriously expect RL to splash out about £8m on a player who would only provide cover??