Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Will be interesting to see if they have the squad depth to compete for top 4 and in the CL itself. 

They made a charge for top for last season because they weren't in Europe, I think their squad depth is still pretty poor for a CL team.

Overrated.

One wednesday night game every 2 week is not really that difficult to cope with.

I think it's more of a  psychological thing rather that a physical thing for players who are not used to play in Europe.

Man City don't normally use to do a whole lot of changes to their starting eleven but their players are so used to it.

Their league position, will comes down to the same thing - players mentality. Clearly they are good enough to be in the top 5/6 again on paper. 

However, Wednesday night at St James Park: Newcastle Vs Real Madrid would be insane, massive atmosphere - big energy.

The players who are born winners will be able to follow that up by beating a Crystal Palace, Brentford the following Saturday. You can't be 5/10 percent off in the premier league.

They may well improve the first 11 but spending £70m on Barnes and Livramento is anything but astute.

Jury's out on Tonali too, made to look very average against us and he alone cost more than double our entire central midfield as well.

Other than that looks like they've signed one 18 year old winger called Minteh for £6m, so that may well turn out to be astute.

32 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

They may well improve the first 11 but spending £70m on Barnes and Livramento is anything but astute.

Jury's out on Tonali too, made to look very average against us and he alone cost more than double our entire central midfield as well.

Other than that looks like they've signed one 18 year old winger called Minteh for £6m, so that may well turn out to be astute.

I think Tonali is a very good player but he wont show it either until the end of the season or next season.

Thats how long it took him to get going in Milan

20 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Howe reminds me of MON decent manager over paying for above average players he’ll be successful but will always be that nearly man.

MON never broke into the UCL

Time will tell. Howe is a young, intelligent and talented manager.

2 hours ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Just watching this documentary on Prime. Bugger me I need a wash. 

It's exactly what you expected it to be. A PR exercise. Cringe fest. 

Not sure why you bothered. Id never watch it. Not a chance in hell

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Didn’t think they’d be getting special treatment so quickly 

It’s just 12th man. Refs always get influenced.  To be fair to the fans they showed some class when they applauded when Mings was stretchered off and were pretty quiet after that.  

Apparently hardly any of their players would get into our team and Emery has Howe's number. 

They'll be right up there, probably the start of a new Sky Favourite Dynasty. 

Already got VAR working for them. 

Â