Christian Benteke

Kwan

The beer's not as good as it used to be.

try Belgian beer :D

I prefer Beck's but that's German! Belgian/French beer is a bit sweet for me, where as German beer is just pure bitter (Before anyone says it, it's got nothing to do with the WWI or WWII) Just me and a love for good honest beer. Shop wisely and you'll get a good deal at the Aldi, £1.59 for 660ml bottles (No i dont work there, just a good price for a great beer).

I prefer Beck's but that's German! Belgian/French beer is a bit sweet for me, where as German beer is just pure bitter (Before anyone says it, it's got nothing to do with the WWI or WWII) Just me and a love for good honest beer. Shop wisely and you'll get a good deal at the Aldi, £1.59 for 660ml bottles (No i dont work there, just a good price for a great beer).

Go try any of Weihenstephan's offerings, G. Schneider & Sohn Aventinus, Ayinger Celebrator, et cetera. Only a select few German styles are actually bitter. Most are extraordinarily balanced and clean.

Not sure if its been mentioned but apparently Negredo is off to Atletico Madrid which would then probably end their interest in Benteke. Just need all the other supposedly interested clubs to sign a new striker and we're all good ;)

One thing is for sure in all this. Benteke will either have signed a new contract by August 31st or he will have gone. There is no way he will still be here on the same reported 20k a week he is now.

I think its safe to assume we have offered him an extended improved deal.The reasons for him not signing will then either be his agent is currently negotiating with the club for more money or that he wants out.

Edited by markavfc40

One thing is for sure in all this. Benteke will either have signed a new contract by August 31st or he will have gone.

That's some genius insight right there!

• Like 1

One thing is for sure in all this. Benteke will either have signed a new contract by August 31st or he will have gone.

I'm just stating the obvious for those in need of a little guidance. If you want to see it as genius insight then thank you your exactly who it was intended for :D

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

I'm just stating the obvious for those in need of a little guidance. If you want to see it as genius insight then thank you your exactly who it was intended for :D

I don't understand this at all, surely the club offering an improved contract just means we're offering more wages as an incentive to tie him to the club for longer, thereby increasing his value to us. If he doesn't sign, then the contract he is presently employed under will still stand - Unless we accept an offer from another club .... Or am i missing something?? (please don't jump down my throat - it's a genuine question)

Edited by mig4villa

These two sweeping generalisations indicate to me that you have a lot to learn about beer.

Aston Villa will slap a £25million price tag on ­Christian Benteke to scare off any club that gets ­serious about buying their brilliant young striker .

Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool have been linked with the 22-year-old Belgium star, who hit 19 goals in his first Premier League season.

And Spanish giants Atletico Madrid are among Continental clubs keen on Benteke, who put off talks about signing the double-your-money £40,000-a-week contract that Villa put in front of him in May.

But boss Paul Lambert has been given the backing of owner Randy Lerner to play hardball over the future of his star front man, who has three years left on his contract. ­Insiders say that any club will be told to start talking at £25m, and include some extra clauses.

Benteke’s own position remains unclear – but Lambert is advising him to stay put, with the prospect of playing regular Premier League games to help him cement his place as his country’s first- choice forward for next summer’s World Cup.

Nicklas-Helenius-Main-1946934.jpgAlready in: Nicklas Helenius has signed for Aston Villa ahead of next season
Getty

Lambert’s six new ­recruits include Danish striker Nicklas Helenius , believed by many to be a ready-made replacement for Benteke.

But the Villa boss has been assured if anybody does make a big enough offer to take Benteke, he will be given the cash to find a replacement.

Lambert’s six new ­recruits include Danish striker Nicklas Helenius , believed by many to be a ready-made replacement for Benteke.

Dont think anybody, at all, thinks that. So it's a little annoying to see The Mirror spouting it like this. Not that I'm surprised.

All about lowering horizons and patronising Villa fans so that young kids don't want to choose Villa as their big club to support. 

Struggling Aston Villa have slapped a whopping "Bag of Peanuts" pricetag on Belgian striker Christian Benteke. The club hope to ward off suitors in the form of Stoke City, West Bromwich Albion, Bayer Lederhosen and Getafe. Benteke is believed to fancy a move to one of these bigger clubs, but Villa are hoping that the price: an entire bag of peanuts, will deter clubs seeking to sign the wantaway striker.

• Like 2

Aston villa have slapped a big sticker on Christian Bentekes arse saying 12.5million per cheek. This is getting old now same story over and over again. Why is it dragging on so much obviously Benteke wants out if he's not bothered to sign the double your money contract we offered already he's just another Stewart Downing one good season at villa and wants out hopefully if he leaves his career will go the same was as that greedy word removed

Going to a new club right before the world cup is a silly idea especially for someone who has only had one exceptional season. If Benteke wants to be a starter for Belgium, he will need to not only be starting but also scoring goals to keep Lukaku away. He is likely weighing his options right now but I think he will be here next season. 

Â