Christian Benteke

Kwan

Wasn`t this supposed to be dealt with soon? I know, it`s still early but this is pretty monumental for the upcoming season and I thought after the international break we would get further in this matter.

Is there actually anything to sign though? Is he being offered an improved contract or are we just waiting for confirmation that he isn't just going to start engineering a move this summer?

There you have it folks, Belgian Guy single handedly got CB to stay.

Let's hope CB thought God had sent you to give him that message!If 

If that's the case can we give Belgian guy some honour,  freedom of VT or something?

Granted, he can now post in any thread he wants.

If that's the case can we give Belgian guy some honour,  freedom of VT or something?

Even the locked ones? :o

Even the locked ones? :o

Damn you..... :)

• Like 1

Is there actually anything to sign though? Is he being offered an improved contract or are we just waiting for confirmation that he isn't just going to start engineering a move this summer?

He has three years left on his contract, so the only way he is going anywhere is if he starts throwing his toys out of the pram if a genuine offer came in. We hold all the cards, although I don't like the sound of his agent very much.

IMO if he does sign an extension we won't hear about it till Wednesday along with the launch of the new kit and website. If it's not done by then! may-as-well wave goodbey and Lambert will get brownie points from Lerner for making a huge profit for the club.

The signing itself I don`t think its much of an extension as it is a payrise. At least that is what was talked about, more years would be terrific in the sense that we will earn more money on that but not more years from benteke himself. Unless things drastically change as we qualify for CL and stuff(that`s gonna take more than this guy)

• Like 1

He has three years left on his contract, so the only way he is going anywhere is if he starts throwing his toys out of the pram if a genuine offer came in. We hold all the cards, although I don't like the sound of his agent very much.

We don't though do we, in reality we don't hold any if players want to move they move.

Technically we can destroy their careers though if they don`t have a release clause right? We could just send benteke down with the kids remainder of the contract and he just had to take it unless we budged right? 

Only thing is , if we dig our heels in and it ends up dirty, other would be recruits would take a poor view and it could effect our ability to sign players

I'm sure a sensible conclusion will be made no matter what happens.

We need to just keep to our recruitment plan, that's the best way to persuade Benteke to continue his contract.

We was so reliant on his contribution to keep us up last term, we must become less reliant.

Â