Christian Benteke

Kwan

The more I think about it, if someone came in and offered us £28 million for Benteke i'd take it. Lambert can do a lot with that and turn us from a team who needs all of Benteke's goals to have a chance of winning a game to a team who can sneak by with fewer. That could then be Lambert's transfer kitty with wages seperate to that. 

- Splurge £9-10 million on a forward.

- 3 £6 million players dotted around and we're looking at a stronger team altogether.

Yes but if he scores 25 league goals next season, gets us into Europe, is leading scorer in the world cup, his value will shoot up to 60 mil

interestingly with the benteke bid from athletico and comparisons to liverpool for carroll.... carroll was a young player who had done well and shown bags of potential, resulting in him getting a transfer way above the odds....

time has proven that valuation to be way off mark.... as i look at where benteke is in his development now, it is not impossible that he follows a similar path... hope he doesn't, but he is still very early on in his career, and has yet to be injured...

a team like athletico is our worst nightmare with regards to keeping bentekkers for another year.... they will offer regular CL football, the opportunity to play against real and barca regularly, cash to burn and a nice gap left where their star player was before meaning that the team would be built around bentekkers....

lets hope this one has no legs, but i have a nasty feeling about this...

Not sure Atletico have cash to burn. They have huge debts and apparently about half the Falcao fee is going to third party investors.

Thiiiiiis.

why doesn't the owner give much millions to lambert?

His Mummy, she say no more Randolph, you sign Ireland, big bad!

From a story I heard, you may  not be far off the mark here!  

only in the world of FM

similar arguments were put forward when we sold Milner and got 18M and Ireland. or when we sold Downing and Young and were told by some on here that Nzogbia at 10.5M would be able to replace both of them and be a better player.

So you think Lambert would be as bad as McLeish at reinvesting the money?

And I thought you were one of his supporters!

only in the world of FM

similar arguments were put forward when we sold Milner and got 18M and Ireland. or when we sold Downing and Young and were told by some on here that Nzogbia at 10.5M would be able to replace both of them and be a better player.

So you think Lambert would be as bad as McLeish at reinvesting the money?

And I thought you were one of his supporters!

I am and I think he would be brilliant at reinvesting money

My post was a commentary on the points made in the post immediately before mine which seemed to suggest it was all a piece of piss in a FM way "Splurge £9-10 million on a forward.

- 3 £6 million players dotted around and we're looking at a stronger team altogether"

It isnt that easy especially replacing a top quality player like Benteke for less than the money you get for him,  if it was that easy then people would be after those players for less,  not the higher valued Benteke

Richard, the problem for the past few years hasn't been who we've let go, its what we've replaced them with. We finally have a manager who knows what he is doing. McLeish method was sell one and bring in the same type of player for similar wages. Lambert will be sell but ensure other areas of squad are strengthened in the process.

• Like 1

Scored 2 vs USA last night.

Both past Guzan

Some Americans were blaming Guzan for last night. Was any of it his fault?

Just watched the highlights. 

Howard made a hideous mistake for the first, spilling the ball for Mirallas to chip in

Benteke's 1st was completely the defenders fault

Fellani's header was the only one I can fault Brad for (he was beaten at his near post)

Benteke's 2nd he chipped Guzan after he rushed out (right thing to do by Brad, stayed on his feet), good finish from Tekkers.

So Americans blaming Brad is the thing lots of Football supporters do when half time changes are made. Its so easy for them to blame Brad because they rate Howard so highly. 

The fellaini header could have been saved, but the other two weren't brad's fault at all. The first one was a terrible mistake by Gonzalez and set Benteke up without anybody else within six yards. The Fellaini header could have been saved at the near post. The Benteke chip was another one where he was free on goal. Brad got a hand on it but not much else you can do

Both past Guzan

I didn't think so, maybe the Fellani header he could've done better with but Benteke took his chances well and they came from Belgian players pouncing on and exploiting USA's poor defending and high line.

Benteke's first was a sitter on the counter and his second was a good finish after a well timed run.

Both past Guzan

nope ha didnt have a chanse against benteke only the goal from fellaini was were guzan didn't looked good

Edited by Belgian guy

its wasnt guzans fault the defence of usa is just shity,

funny tbh my country is smaller as 1 state of US and still beat them.

You should see China's national team.

Heck, you should see India's! I don't think most of their players are even professional.

its wasnt guzans fault the defence of usa is just shity,

funny tbh my country is smaller as 1 state of US and still beat them.

Well its not really their game.

I used to work in the states and played alot of football when i was there.  One thing i noticed was that in general the girls technically were alot better than the boys when we played. 

Â