Christian Benteke

Kwan

He should have won Player of the Year, we'd be gone if it wasn't for him.

g7AoxO5.jpg

Benteke and Sylla who are the other two?

thanks my initial thoughts were delfoneso but thought he was still out on loan so couldn't see if benteke even knew him

Williams and Johnson (or Delfouneso if you were to believe the senile old man who sits behind me).

Someone on the radio earlier said if they were boss they would reject an offer of £60m... Are they crazy? I like benteke but that is silly money

Yes but if we keep him for another season his value shouldn't go down. There's no reason we should sell him, not yet anyway

Someone on the radio earlier said if they were boss they would reject an offer of £60m... Are they crazy? I like benteke but that is silly money

Yes but if we keep him for another season his value shouldn't go down. There's no reason we should sell him, not yet anyway

Agreed to a certain extent.. But 60m that's what ronaldo went for.. No way that anyone could reject that kind of offer

He went for 80m

Thought it was 60, either way could you seriously reject that kind of money?

We wont even reject 25. If we did then we wouldnt have sold Milner for less

I don't think the Milner deal has much relevance. The board will sell if they think they're getting a good deal but with his age, current contract and ability, not to mention value to the team, I think it'll take considerably more than £25m for us to sell.

He went for 80m

The reality of the Milner deal was that we got less than £4m, if you take into account what the box of frogs makeweight has cost us.

The club won't make that mistake again.

£35 million will get us thinking.

The problem is, would £35 million be enough for us to replace his 19 goals and 4 assists with the inflated prices and wages we would have to pay on the current transfer market? 

No.

£40 million would get us thinking a bit harder.

Ideal, is for us to keep Benteke for another year and use him to attract another marquee signing we can hold for one year after Benteke leaves, who can then attract another marquee signing etcetera etc.

With a similar season, Benteke should be more expensive next year than this year, when he will have kept us in the PL again, sold a lot of shirts, given the club a higher international profile.

When you think about it, there is really no need to even sell him for £40 million this summer.

£35 million will get us thinking.

The problem is, would £35 million be enough for us to replace his 19 goals and 4 assists with the inflated prices and wages we would have to pay on the current transfer market? 

No.

£40 million would get us thinking a bit harder.

Ideal, is for us to keep Benteke for another year and use him to attract another marquee signing we can hold for one year after Benteke leaves, who can then attract another marquee signing etcetera etc.

With a similar season, Benteke should be more expensive next year than this year, when he will have kept us in the PL again, sold a lot of shirts, given the club a higher international profile.

When you think about it, there is really no need to even sell him for £40 million this summer.

If benteke has proved anything then surely it is that there are infact players and bargains out there to be had? Its not always that simple and there aren't many like benteke but of course but there are always gems out there and we'd be silly to be turning down money like that.

He went for 80m

The reality of the Milner deal was that we got less than £4m, if you take into account what the box of frogs makeweight has cost us.

The club won't make that mistake again.

Correct, but if they make 18 million profit over a year you think they wont sell. I dont want lerner to sell as much as the next Fan but u know the way they work.

How many bargains out there with world class height, power, pace, strength, finishing, technique, heading and long shots? How many bargains turn out to be one of the most dangerous strikers in the world?

£7m, something like £20k a week in wages we've paid. You don't get bargains that good. This club will get other bargains, but will not get another bargain like Benteke ever. He is a one-off.

Benteke must be great for Villa as a commercial asset. Foreign football fans might now be following Villa much more closely because we have a striker they admire. Benteke means potentially more for the club than a goal machine and a price tag.

• Like 1

Don't get where all this Lerner only wants to flog our players for a quick profit, am I not correct in saying all Barry, Young, Downing and Milner wanted to leave? If Benteke wants to stay, I don't think they'll accept any offers barring a complete ludicrous one.

Don't get where all this Lerner only wants to flog our players for a quick profit, am I not correct in saying all Barry, Young, Downing and Milner wanted to leave? If Benteke wants to stay, I don't think they'll accept any offers barring a complete ludicrous one.

Milner wasnt pushing for a move, hence i mentioned him. The other 3 yes.

Â