Christian Benteke

Kwan

Lol, writing players off after 9 games.

KEA is actually a decent player IMO and that will show if we improve the players around him in midfield.

Is he another one of those Villa players that only becomes good with good players around him?

Why cant we just have a 'Good' player?

All these bloody excuses we make for players is embarrassing. I know its nice to be positive but unfortunately KEA has had a poor start to his Villa career. He's no spring chicken either. We need better.

As for Benteke, hope he continues in the same fashion. Good performance from the lad against Norwich.

If he starts against Sunderland I'm looking forward to see how he'll get on against a team set-up to counter attack. I'm guessing they'll look to absorb a lot of his intent and then break quickly. He will have to be well supported against Sunderland, I think.

He's on a different wavelength to a lot of the players around him. E.g. he'll get the ball and quickly move it on again but nobody will be there to receive it.

And is this a different wavelength again from the one Steven Ireland is supposedly on?

We seem to have more wavelengths than an AM radio in our midfield!

Benteke has done well coming from another European league and only being 21 years old.

Have no doubt in my mind he will become a star. As I said earlier in this thread: He will go to bigger clubs in a couple of years.

Impressed that Lambert found this gem. Let's hope he gets more money, as it is very interesting to see what kind of players he can get when using 7 mill at one of them (and not getting players for a range of 500k to 3 mill).

Need to get him to sign a new deal in the summer.

It's a bit depressing knowing even at this stage if he turns out to be great he'll be off and play elsewhere in his prime.

Hopefully if that was the case this time the money would be put to good use.

Need to get him to sign a new deal in the summer.

It's a bit depressing knowing even at this stage if he turns out to be great he'll be off and play elsewhere in his prime.

Hopefully if that was the case this time the money would be put to good use.

That's the case with pretty much every club in the prem that isn't Man Utd, Man City or Chelsea.

Â